TV stands, are there some inexpensive glass ones? - Page 3 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-11-2008, 09:29 PM

LOL, you are just finishing your break in process on the TV? Seriously, that is really funny from where I'm sitting. Does it tell you to do this in the TV's manual? How long is this process supposed to take? So, have you not watched the TV yet? Also, what power conditioner did you go with? I was thinking of getting one of the monster cable's monster power AV power centers. I hadn't really researched it though.

Well, I think I found a stand that will work for me. Walmart sells it online only. It is metal and glass for $270, and best of all it is square.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=5430292

Old 03-11-2008, 09:55 PM

well actually it does seem kind of strange, but actually it is a recommended procedure for plasma sets to age the phosphors. It is done to prevent burn-in. After reading a few professional articles and looking at the 8th gen Kuro thread at AVS forums I decided I wanted to follow the expert recommendations. The recommended time is 150 hours using a special dvd. I have never owned a plasma before, and I would rather be safe than sorry. I mean it's only a $3500 tv.
No-one has to do it, but why the fuck not imo seeing how it is clearly not just some made-up bs and has many home theater experts suggesting it.
It really has not been a big deal to me at all, and I am certainly glad I did it.
Old 03-12-2008, 12:51 PM

This is the one I have

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Lauri...oductDetail.do

Somehow I got it for only 300, extremely sturdy, and you could buy an optional back panel which I didn't do

It even comes assembled
Old 03-16-2008, 12:42 PM

This is the stand I wound up with. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1165609791259

However, I paid 230 for it which came to 260 out the door, so I need to step back over there and get them to correct that. :/
Old 03-16-2008, 12:56 PM

I ended up going "ghetto" for the moment.
I moved a chest over to that side of the roon, and put the tv on top of that. I just can't get myself to spend the $$ on a stand right now. Plus I really like the fact that there are no spaces underneath the tv. Looks great!
I have my old stereo rack next to the set for all the players, etc. etc.
I want a bigger black studio type rack. Anybody know where I can get one?
I want like 8 or 10 shelves I think.
Old 03-16-2008, 02:39 PM

With the money that I got back, I bought Speed on Blu-ray and 3 texas Toast burgers, fries and a drink from Checkers. Looks like my day is planned.

Before anyone asks, no, I'm not man enough to chow down 3, I bought that many because I know my brother, who spent the night over after helping me pick up my new TV, will wake up and want one. I plan ahead you see.
Old 03-16-2008, 03:12 PM

I bought one from HH Gregg. If you have one in your area they had a lot to choose from not listed on their site.