TV stands, are there some inexpensive glass ones? - Page 2 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-11-2008, 12:07 AM

The stand I have my TV on is a BDI. They are very nice, but expensive. Check on line. I got mine for 50% off at a furniture store because it was the last years model.
Old 03-11-2008, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkadin View Post
HOLY SHIT!!
that stand sells for $700 at some of those places.
jesus that is INSANE!!
I just noticed the price variations. What in the world?
those are ridiculous variations. wtf??

my BB doesn't have a Magnolia room.
Yeah dude...I think the more popular websites try to screw people over because it's a somewhat unique style

$400 on Amazon and it doesn't qualify for Prime Shipping either but does ship free.
Old 03-11-2008, 12:33 AM

that's a very nice stand at walmart that I think is under $150, it's very nice! has a black enamle top with a metal frame and glass shelves. They have a matching book shelf too. to be perfectly honest I like the looks of that one better though.
Old 03-11-2008, 01:41 AM

I spent an hour in Best Buy tonight going back and forth between stands for my new Sony A3000. There was a really nice one for $300, nice dark wood and glass with a nice big cable concealing centerpiece across the back. Then I realized it was only 17" high and we'd be looking down at the TV, so I settled on this one (well mine is wider, not sure why they have it so tiny on the site):

Got it for $199 as an open-box, it's $249 new. Not flashy, but it was cheap and holds all my stuff.
Old 03-11-2008, 01:56 AM

I'm getting my stuff from IKEA in a few months. I still haven't bought my new TV, but I've picked out my stand, bookcases, etc. already. Some of their stuff you can order from their website, other stuff however is in store only.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/ca...ng_room/10475/
Old 03-11-2008, 02:56 AM

We have the same one Jrstinkfish has. Ours is wider too (holds our 65 inch TV) and was $299 at Bestbuy. It's really nice.
Old 03-11-2008, 03:29 AM

Yeah, it's a good piece of furniture. Seems really sturdy. The only downside is that the black glass is gonna get so dusty!

If you've got a Value City Furniture in your area and you can wait a month, they have a really nice stand for $199. I tried to buy it yesterday, and the guy said it was backordered until the first week in April Couldn't wait that long, but if you can, it's a bargain. If I remember correctly, it's about 58" wide.

Old 03-11-2008, 08:03 AM

I now see what's up with the Stanus stand, and while it is nice, I don't want to mount my set at present. I want to just set it on top of whatever stand I get, so that one is out for the moment.
thanks to lastsonofK
for info on that. I appreciate it, but like we've all heard those weasly studios say, I think I need to "go in a different direction currently."
Old 03-11-2008, 01:16 PM

So what are you doing with the Kuro while you don't have a stand? Is it sitting on something else for the moment or is it on the floor?

Here is one that Walmart has to offer, not truly a fan, but certainly closer than before. http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=5420283
Old 03-11-2008, 06:52 PM

yeah it's on the floor currently on the stand that comes with it.
I just got finished with the burn-in, and am clearing out the space where I am going to move it to. Really want to watch it. I'm also waiting on my ps audio power conditioner I ordered the other day.
I'm going crazy wanting to see how it looks!
my sony hd crt is still setup so I'm not without a way to watch all my hd media goodness.