Guide: GREYSCALE & COLOUR CALIBRATION FOR DUMMIES - Page 2 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 06-09-2008, 03:06 PM
HD Video Editor

Talking Wow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cre8sbeats View Post
This is a very informative guide, though I could see some ways to separate parts of it to fit both pros in one guide and amateurs in another.
I take that back. This guide is GREAT for amateurs and pros alike. Trust me: Follow the steps and you'll be AMAZED, even if you only do the gray scale calibration.
Old 06-09-2008, 04:09 PM

Thanks Kal! I'll be reading up on this when I get home tonight.
Old 06-19-2008, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by james View Post
Wow. How long did it take you to put that together? It's impressive.
Far far too long. I figured about a couple of days tops (12-16 hours) when I started but like everything else I do I completely underestimated and it ended up taking me around 250 hours.

I'm still constantly tweaking it here and there to make things clearer as questions come up. I just added a bunch of tips yesterday.

Glad you guys like it and thanks for making it sticky!

Kal
Old 06-23-2008, 12:53 AM

Default Hello

Hi Guy's newbie here and thinking om getting the GREYSCALE & COLOUR CALIBRATION FOR dummies my question have just about every calibration disk that are available and wondering how this software compares to the other besides a higher cost??
Old 06-23-2008, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapper View Post
Hi Guy's newbie here and thinking om getting the GREYSCALE & COLOUR CALIBRATION FOR dummies my question have just about every calibration disk that are available and wondering how this software compares to the other besides a higher cost??
GREYSCALE & COLOUR CALIBRATION FOR DUMMIES is not a calibration disk. It's a guide to using the free ColorHCFR software together with a couple of the least expensive sensors together with the $18 Digital Video Essentials:HD Basics.

Digital Video Essentials:HD Basics was picked as it's the absolute cheapest commercial calibration disc out there.

Kal
Old 06-24-2008, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalW View Post
GREYSCALE & COLOUR CALIBRATION FOR DUMMIES is not a calibration disk. It's a guide to using the free ColorHCFR software together with a couple of the least expensive sensors together with the $18 Digital Video Essentials:HD Basics.

Digital Video Essentials:HD Basics was picked as it's the absolute cheapest commercial calibration disc out there.

Kal
What is the most cheapest or best sensor available currently? Can it be used with the latest HD-DVD calibration disk? Thanks for your response.
Old 06-24-2008, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapper View Post
What is the most cheapest or best sensor available currently? Can it be used with the latest HD-DVD calibration disk? Thanks for your response.
You really need to read the guide. It's all in there. That's the whole point of the guide!

Kal
Old 06-24-2008, 09:58 PM

Again thanks for your reply, will read and go from their.
Old 07-25-2008, 02:41 PM

FAQ: Which Meter is Right for Me?

Colorimeters, Spectroradiometers/Spectrophotometers? What's the difference and why do I care?

Figuring out which meter to use for calibration is often the hardest part of calibration, so I've put together a FAQ: Which Meter is Right for Me? It covers everyone from budget Spyder2 and Eye-One Display 2 / LT meters up to the the higher end professional grade Chroma 5, Eye-One PRO, and Hubble (Sencore OTC1000) meters.

The worse thing you can do is buy either a meter that is severly overpriced or underperforming for your specific needs. Give it a read and figure out which meter is right for you.

Hope it helps!

Kal
Old 09-05-2008, 08:47 PM

Super Job!!!!!! Very informative.

and Kal I looked at your HT - how high is your ceiling? Im in the pre-pre-pre-planning stages of doing a HT (meaning I haven't convinced my wife yet) but my ceiling is way low and I don't think I'll be able to do the 2 rows of seats like I would like. Your HT is exactly like I would want.