ARTICLE: "Death Knell Sounds For HD-DVD Format"! - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 06-19-2007, 03:36 PM

Default ARTICLE: "Death Knell Sounds For HD-DVD Format"!

The end is nigh:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nf/20070618/tc_nf/53097
Old 06-19-2007, 03:39 PM

Good, we don't need two formsts, it's really annoying.
Old 06-19-2007, 03:40 PM

I read the article, and they really stretched with the title... All the same, this negative publicity is not going to help HD DVD sales right now..
Old 06-19-2007, 03:40 PM

At first I thought this was just a flame-bait title, but at least it is actually the title of the article.

Unfortunately for Blu-Ray fans, this is just another classic example of an overly sensational headline without anything in the body of the article to back it up. Blockbuster is hardly a death-knell...and the article even quotes people who say that the market base is small and that HD-DVD still has time to catch up.

In fact, not only is the title overly sensational for the body of the article, it doesn't match the article at all. Classy!
Old 06-19-2007, 03:41 PM

Is there any other function for you as a member than just opening threads?
I do not mind you opening 100 threads every day, but if you do not stay to disscuss what you started then I am going to assume that your job is to start the flame as a viral marketer would do and then... dissapear.

Either you stay and disscuss this topic or just get away form this forum.
I hope you accept my invitation.
Old 06-19-2007, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkremer View Post
At first I thought this was just a flame-bait title, but at least it is actually the title of the article.

Unfortunately for Blu-Ray fans, this is just another classic example of an overly sensational headline without anything in the body of the article to back it up. Blockbuster is hardly a death-knell...and the article even quotes people who say that the market base is small and that HD-DVD still has time to catch up.

In fact, not only is the title overly sensational for the body of the article, it doesn't match the article at all. Classy!
Unfortunately for HD DVD supporters, it is on the Yahoo front page and 99% of people don't know it is just a sensational article.
Old 06-19-2007, 03:44 PM

Poorly written... "in its 1700 stores", that comes across as Blockbuster having only 1700 stores and that's inaccurate.
Old 06-19-2007, 03:45 PM

It's like a stack of cards, if you're on the sidelines, this could be the development that makes you jump on the Blu-ray bandwagon.

If your a dual format owner, you may start favouring Blu-ray.
Old 06-19-2007, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ack_bak View Post
I read the article, and they really stretched with the title... All the same, this negative publicity is not going to help HD DVD sales right now..
They were also selective with the quoting, they quoted the same person who said on the CNBC interview that it wasn't significant on it's own.
Old 06-19-2007, 03:46 PM
Banned

This is why we have been saying that the Blockbuster announcement was a big deal. It wasn't because it affected us directly and now we could rent BDs, most of us here order online or buy them. The Blockbuster deal was more of a victory from a publicity standpoint than anything and that is why it is so important. It doesn't matter if all of you HD DVDers used Netflix anyways, or haven't set foot in a Blockbuster in years.

This announcement has headlines such as this everywhere. J6P is noticing.