Is Target Next (Blu exclusive)? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 06-18-2007, 12:44 PM

Default Is Target Next (Blu exclusive)?

Paidgeek (Sony Pictures Insider and predicted that Blockbuster would side with Blu-Ray late last week), just stated the following at AVS:

"Originally Posted by paidgeek
I have heard from a reliable source that Target will go BD hardware exclusive..."

If this is true, this may be big news as well.
Old 06-18-2007, 12:49 PM

wow.

we'll see.

that would be HUGE.

at the risk of treading into the same territory the fanboys who've started trumpeting the virtues of netflix over blockbuster, i've always liked target a lot more than walmart.
Old 06-18-2007, 12:51 PM
Banned

Target shoppers arent gonna pay 600 dollars for a bluray player.

How do I know?

Because every target I go into has a stack of unsold PS3s in the gaming section...

So this news wouldn't matter much, none of those people are gonna buy players until they're 199 or less.
Old 06-18-2007, 12:54 PM

I live in the UK and have no idea what Target is or how significant a presence they have as a B&M retailer, however, let me be the first to say:

Target suck!

I haven't bought anything there in years.

I'll never buy anything from them again ever.

BD is too expensive.

Thank you for your attention.
Old 06-18-2007, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VC-1 View Post
Target shoppers arent gonna pay 600 dollars for a bluray player.

How do I know?

Because every target I go into has a stack of unsold PS3s in the gaming section...

So this news wouldn't matter much, none of those people are gonna buy players until they're 199 or less.
Sony has a new player out right now that MSRP's at $499.. I would not be surprised to see it on sale for $400-450 and who knows what the price will be for the holidays. The big question I have will be whether or not Target stops selling HD DVD movies...
Old 06-18-2007, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Banana View Post
I live in the UK and have no idea what Target is or how significant a presence they have as a B&M retailer, however, let me be the first to say:

Target suck!

BD is too expensive.

Target is huge. They are nicer than Walmart (a little more upscaled and cleaner) and they push a ton of merchandise.
Old 06-18-2007, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Banana View Post

Target suck!

BD is too expensive.

Thanks for the laugh. I needed that. IF Target is going BD exclusive it is a very big deal. Target, for those of you outside the US, is an upgraded version of Wal-Mart. If they are going BD exclusive, I suspect they have lined up lower cost players for the holiday season.
Old 06-18-2007, 12:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divian/Aodh/HTF/etc
Although we don't know paidgeek's real name so this is probably just another false rumour from him in a long list of them.
HD DVD fanboys are really getting the willies this week. It's only going to get worse.

I just saw rdjam over at AVS post that BB having 1/5th of their stores with over 170 Blu-ray titles is not likely a big deal because a large chuck of BB's rental gross is ice cream, chips and candy.

People are coming unravelled I tell ya.
Old 06-18-2007, 01:04 PM

Paidgeek has not been one to come up with baseless rumors in the past, and I hope this won't be the first time either.

I can't help but feel sorry for HD DVD supporters. The hits just keep coming. They must feel a bit punch drunk by this point.
Old 06-18-2007, 01:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobyblue View Post
HD DVD fanboys are really getting the willies this week. It's only going to get worse.

I just saw rdjam over at AVS post that BB having 1/5th of their stores with over 170 Blu-ray titles is not likely a big deal because a large chuck of BB's rental gross is ice cream, chips and candy.

People are coming unravelled I tell ya.
luckily Blockbuster has a "no late fees" policy.

I'd hate to see what a quick return on rented icecream would look like.

Logan