Is Target Next (Blu exclusive)? - High-Def Digest Forums
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-18-2007, 12:44 PM
ack_bak's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 20,623
Default Is Target Next (Blu exclusive)?

Paidgeek (Sony Pictures Insider and predicted that Blockbuster would side with Blu-Ray late last week), just stated the following at AVS:

"Originally Posted by paidgeek
I have heard from a reliable source that Target will go BD hardware exclusive..."


If this is true, this may be big news as well.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-18-2007, 12:49 PM
winstonshu's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,951
Default

wow.

we'll see.

that would be HUGE.

at the risk of treading into the same territory the fanboys who've started trumpeting the virtues of netflix over blockbuster, i've always liked target a lot more than walmart.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-18-2007, 12:51 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 808
Default

Target shoppers arent gonna pay 600 dollars for a bluray player.

How do I know?

Because every target I go into has a stack of unsold PS3s in the gaming section...

So this news wouldn't matter much, none of those people are gonna buy players until they're 199 or less.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-18-2007, 12:54 PM
Kid Banana's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,572
Default

I live in the UK and have no idea what Target is or how significant a presence they have as a B&M retailer, however, let me be the first to say:

Target suck!

I haven't bought anything there in years.

I'll never buy anything from them again ever.

BD is too expensive.


Thank you for your attention.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-18-2007, 12:55 PM
ack_bak's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 20,623
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VC-1 View Post
Target shoppers arent gonna pay 600 dollars for a bluray player.

How do I know?

Because every target I go into has a stack of unsold PS3s in the gaming section...

So this news wouldn't matter much, none of those people are gonna buy players until they're 199 or less.
Sony has a new player out right now that MSRP's at $499.. I would not be surprised to see it on sale for $400-450 and who knows what the price will be for the holidays. The big question I have will be whether or not Target stops selling HD DVD movies...
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-18-2007, 12:56 PM
ack_bak's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 20,623
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Banana View Post
I live in the UK and have no idea what Target is or how significant a presence they have as a B&M retailer, however, let me be the first to say:

Target suck!

I haven't bought anything there in years.

I'll never buy anything from them again ever.

BD is too expensive.


Thank you for your attention.
Target is huge. They are nicer than Walmart (a little more upscaled and cleaner) and they push a ton of merchandise.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-18-2007, 12:57 PM
Wayne's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 454
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Banana View Post
I live in the UK and have no idea what Target is or how significant a presence they have as a B&M retailer, however, let me be the first to say:

Target suck!

I haven't bought anything there in years.

I'll never buy anything from them again ever.

BD is too expensive.


Thank you for your attention.
Thanks for the laugh. I needed that. IF Target is going BD exclusive it is a very big deal. Target, for those of you outside the US, is an upgraded version of Wal-Mart. If they are going BD exclusive, I suspect they have lined up lower cost players for the holiday season.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-18-2007, 12:58 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,955
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divian/Aodh/HTF/etc
Although we don't know paidgeek's real name so this is probably just another false rumour from him in a long list of them.
HD DVD fanboys are really getting the willies this week. It's only going to get worse.

I just saw rdjam over at AVS post that BB having 1/5th of their stores with over 170 Blu-ray titles is not likely a big deal because a large chuck of BB's rental gross is ice cream, chips and candy.



People are coming unravelled I tell ya.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-18-2007, 01:04 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,950
Default

Paidgeek has not been one to come up with baseless rumors in the past, and I hope this won't be the first time either.

I can't help but feel sorry for HD DVD supporters. The hits just keep coming. They must feel a bit punch drunk by this point.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-18-2007, 01:05 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,375
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobyblue View Post
HD DVD fanboys are really getting the willies this week. It's only going to get worse.

I just saw rdjam over at AVS post that BB having 1/5th of their stores with over 170 Blu-ray titles is not likely a big deal because a large chuck of BB's rental gross is ice cream, chips and candy.



People are coming unravelled I tell ya.
luckily Blockbuster has a "no late fees" policy.

I'd hate to see what a quick return on rented icecream would look like.

Logan
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"2012" Target Exclusive 4 Disc Blu-ray Set MadMan Blu-ray Disc Exchange 0 06-02-2010 08:20 PM
Transformers 2 Target Blu-ray Exclusive w/Transforming Packaging Landy Blu-ray Software General Discussion 20 10-12-2009 06:21 PM
Twilight Blu Ray (Target and Best Buy Exclusive?) Treadstone Blu-ray Software General Discussion 8 03-20-2009 02:17 PM
Philips: Target going Blu-ray exclusive zombieflanders High Definition Smackdown 29 01-06-2008 06:35 PM
Target going Blu-ray exclusive JasonS High Definition Smackdown 1 01-06-2008 05:17 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off