DVD2Blu.com: Warner announces DVD to Blu-ray exchange program - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-17-2009, 03:44 PM

Default DVD2Blu.com: Warner announces DVD to Blu-ray exchange program

DVD2Blu is similar to their older Red2Blu HD DVD to Blu-ray exchange program.

50 DVD titles available now, some overlap with the Red2Blu program.

Quote:
Warner Site Exchanges DVDs for Blu-ray Discs

By : Chris Tribbey | Posted: 17 Nov 2009
[email protected]

Starting Nov. 17, owners of 55 DVD titles from Warner Home Video can trade in those DVDs for Blu-ray Discs by visiting a Web site and paying a small fee.

Visitors to

DVD2Blu.com
can upgrade their movies — including A Christmas Story, The Dirty Dozen and Training Day — for $7.95 or $9.95 per exchange, with free shipping on orders of more than $25. Users mail in their DVDs with pre-paid postage and receive Blu-ray Discs a short time later. Warner plans to add more titles in the coming months.

The DVDs sent to Warner will be destroyed, the studio said.

“DVD2Blu is a great way for consumers to start or expand their Blu-ray Disc collection,” said Dorinda Marticorena, Warner Home Video SVP of worldwide marketing and high definition. “We’re launching the program with a wide range of titles that will appeal to a broad audience.”
Old 11-17-2009, 03:54 PM

Now get the other studios to copy and keep doing it with future titles please.
Old 11-17-2009, 03:57 PM

Yeah, not that good of a deal though. With their pricing, you can usually find the same titles brand new at Amazon or other stores for the same price or even less and can keep the DVD. If you buy used, you can find them even cheaper usually.
Old 11-17-2009, 04:01 PM

I scored everything I wanted, save one possible title, from that list for way less during the last WBshop.com 4-way coupon stack.

Still, it is a nice way to put an end to some snappers. There's a bunch of possible snapper cases in those titles... there was a time when people would have paid this to get the same DVD movies in a keepcase.

Free shipping is a nice touch.
Old 11-17-2009, 04:15 PM

I have more than a few eligible after doing the cheaper $4.95 Red2Blu.com upgrade from the HD DVD versions.

But I have not seen any of those Blu-ray titles cheaper than the $7.95 to $9.95 available here.

But I suspect it might be a marketing thing more than anything else. That could be a real strong message on why its now time to upgrade to Blu-ray.
Old 11-17-2009, 04:27 PM

Please buy these movies for $7.95 plus your discs and having to mail them to us before they can be found in the bargain bins tomorrow.
Old 11-17-2009, 04:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosty View Post
I have more than a few eligible after doing the cheaper $4.95 Red2Blu.com upgrade from the HD DVD versions.

But I have not seen any of those Blu-ray titles cheaper than the $7.95 to $9.95 available here.

But I suspect it might be a marketing thing more than anything else. That could be a real strong message on why its now time to upgrade to Blu-ray.
I was waiting for Kosty to post this in Smackdown. Really bad deal. Amazon has these titles for a few bucks more (or the same in some cases). I like Kosty's spin at the end.
Old 11-17-2009, 05:02 PM

Why is getting a better quality product for a few bucks less (or in some cases the same) a bad deal?
Old 11-17-2009, 05:06 PM

In simple terms: Too little, too late.
Old 11-17-2009, 05:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyb2 View Post
Why is getting a better quality product for a few bucks less (or in some cases the same) a bad deal?
Because Amazon and other retailers offer pretty much the same pricing without having to send in your old DVDs and waiting 4-6 weeks. A year ago this might have been cool, but now, Warner has devalued most of their BD catalog titles to the point where they are $9-13 almost weekly. If they offered this for future titles (i.e. let's say they announced title XYZ for December and are taking the old DVD now) I'd be down.