Why Do People Get So Mad About This? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 06-04-2007, 11:56 PM

Default Why Do People Get So Mad About This?

Personally, I don't understand the animosity between HD DVD and Blu Ray supports. I know some people hate Sony for this or that and others hate Microsoft. Personally, I have a tendency to be wary of any large corporation.

For me, I bought an Xbox 360 over Xmas because it was cheaper than the PS3 and had more games. This lead me to the add-on HD DVD player. I'd love to have a PS3, and Blu Ray movies, and throw a WII in there too, but alas I'm a poor college student. I enjoy what I have and later I'll get the other systems I want. I come hear to read about technology because it's fun to me and I enjoy talking to people with similar hobbies. I don't want HD to fail because of the money it cost me to buy my flicks, but if it does it does, I'm having a good time. Hopefully more of you out there will too.
Old 06-05-2007, 12:00 AM

they get so mad because they have nothing else in their lives to worry about other than which movie format will win in the next 3 years.

I wish my life was that empty.
Old 06-05-2007, 12:06 AM
Banned

I love HD-DVD and don’t give a crap about what's going on with blu-ray. As long as HD-DVD's are coming out I'm happy and if the format dies so be it. By the time that happens the IPTV revolution will be well underway and I will be watching HD channels and movies on my XBOX 360 AT&T IPTV service.
Old 06-05-2007, 12:08 AM

And yet ur on here Matty posting posts...can't be that bad of a life.
Old 06-05-2007, 12:09 AM

Because people are financially and emotionally invested in their format of choice thats why,both formats are just about the same tech wise.
Old 06-05-2007, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit Tigers Fan View Post
I love HD-DVD and don’t give a crap about what's going on with blu-ray. As long as HD-DVD's are coming out I'm happy and if the format dies so be it. By the time that happens the IPTV revolution will be well underway and I will be watching HD channels and movies on my XBOX 360 AT&T IPTV service.
won't those services be in 720P? and probably not with HD surround? Having that is important to a lot of people.
Old 06-05-2007, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stasson View Post
I'd love to have a PS3, and Blu Ray movies, and throw a WII in there too, but alas I'm a poor college student.
Reminds me of a stripper down in Daytona Beach back in '94 that said to me and my buddies:

"Y'all from college," she said.

"Yes," I replied.

"I can tell because y'all so fucking cheap."

Old 06-05-2007, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stasson View Post
For me, I bought an Xbox 360 over Xmas because it was cheaper than the PS3 and had more games. This lead me to the add-on HD DVD player. I'd love to have a PS3, and Blu Ray movies, and throw a WII in there too, but alas I'm a poor college student. I enjoy what I have and later I'll get the other systems I want. I come hear to read about technology because it's fun to me and I enjoy talking to people with similar hobbies. I don't want HD to fail because of the money it cost me to buy my flicks, but if it does it does, I'm having a good time. Hopefully more of you out there will too.

If you are poor how can you afford movies...
Old 06-05-2007, 01:00 AM

Thats why hes poor Blu...get it?
Old 06-05-2007, 01:02 AM

My girlfriends asks me that question all the time...it's called being "fiscally irresponsible." Or stupid as she puts it I don't have the resourses to go get a movie anytime I want, have to put some cash away, buy one every week or two. Finish my Masters in August, then I'll rollin' in the dough...wait, school loans. D'OH!

As for Blufive comment about being "emotionally invested." Perhaps it's just the way it's phrased, but it comes off a little...sad. I get what you're saying, but maybe that's part of the problem. People take offense to other peoples preferences or point of views. Gotta admit, it can be fun to read though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu-heaven View Post
If you are poor how can you afford movies...