Fellowship of the Ring Slated for Blu in 2009 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-04-2008, 12:46 AM

Default Fellowship of the Ring Slated for Blu in 2009

From the Digital Bits today. This should propel the format ahead in a big way. Just more momentum after what should prove to be a great holiday season. Pic of the Warner insert at the following link.

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/#mytwocents

Here's some news that's going to thrill a whole bunch of you Blu-bies. Warner has revealed, in a promotional insert packed with the new Poltergeist Blu-ray Disc, that it's currently working on a Blu-ray version of The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring! No s--t! Not ONLY that, but the same insert lists The Wizard of Oz, Being There, Gone with the Wind, King Kong, Woodstock, Rush Hour, The Notebook and Amadeus all as coming soon to Blu-ray! How do you like THEM apples?

What's more, our industry sources tell us that ALL THREE Lord of the Rings films are planned for release in Blu in 2009, though we're not yet certain if the discs will be the theatrical editions, the extended editions or both. Still, if that isn't enough reason for some of you holdouts to run out and pick up a player this holiday season, I don't know what is. Here's a look at the actual insert (not that the image links to the official Warner Blu-ray website)...
Old 10-04-2008, 01:27 AM

One of the reasons I got into the high definition optical disc discussion in the first place.

I want the lossless extended editions with all the DVD box set extras on BD50s.
Old 10-04-2008, 01:31 AM

Well this is great news, I can't wait for this.
Old 10-04-2008, 01:33 AM

Please....please.....please.....please.....please. ...please.....Be the extended cuts. It would be heartbreaking if these came to Blu-ray as the Theatrical cuts only.
Old 10-04-2008, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveS1138 View Post
Please....please.....please.....please.....please. ...please.....Be the extended cuts. It would be heartbreaking if these came to Blu-ray as the Theatrical cuts only.
Agreed. I have no interest in watching the theatrical cuts again. I will...unfortunately...wait, if it's not the extended.
Old 10-04-2008, 01:51 AM

Quote:
That is my absolute feeling as well.

That is what BD50 seamless branching should be able to do. I'm begging as well . Please....please.....please.....please.....please. ...please.....Be the extended cuts.
Old 10-04-2008, 01:59 AM

About time!
Old 10-04-2008, 02:24 AM

Quote:
Doubtful, that series was made for the double-dip.

Hope I'm wrong though, holding back on getting the theatracal while waiting for the extended would be painful.
Old 10-04-2008, 03:01 AM

RIP DVD

we never knew thee

BLU RAY is the future

well done SONY
Old 10-04-2008, 03:28 AM

Don't expect the EE versions of LOTR to hit Blu-ray until -1 year before The Hobbit makes it's theatrical debut.