When did Toshiba ... - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-22-2008, 08:24 PM
Banned

Default When did Toshiba ...

When did Toshiba become the sacred cow of the HDM world? Why are the powers that be so into keep threads open that are not related to HD open, and discussing same SD tech on numerous threads. Where were the powers that be to combine the duplicate threads? Were is the up-coveters master thread? Help me to understand.
Old 08-22-2008, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by view-it-purple View Post
When did Toshiba become the sacred cow of the HDM world? Why are the powers that be so into keep threads open that are not related to HD open, and discussing same SD tech on numerous threads. Where were the powers that be to combine the duplicate threads? Were is the up-coveters master thread? Help me to understand.
Confucious say: "You ask good questions. Answers be elusive. Life is mystery, wrapped in bacon, surrounded by cabbage. Toshiba invest in nuclear energy. Nuclear energy powers sun. Sun give life on earth. Earth give life to Toshiba fanboys."
Old 08-22-2008, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Maybe since there is so much interest in upconversion it should finally have it's own forum in the Related Topics section. At the very minimum they should have their own thread.
Old 08-22-2008, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Yeah, its really one-sided. That's why the spazztastic thread was allowed to stay up for NINE PAGES before it was deemed "flaim-bait". LOL.

Good grief.
Old 08-22-2008, 09:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Favelle View Post
Yeah, its really one-sided. That's why the spazztastic thread was allowed to stay up for NINE PAGES before it was deemed "flaim-bait". LOL.

Good grief.
A set of honest questions met with hostility & sarcasm.

If I started a thread that in the body of it talked about the likelihood of college students to buy "Pop-tarts" instead of HDM how long would that stay open? This is HIGH-DEF DIGEST right?

P.S. No F-bomb I'm impressed.
Old 08-22-2008, 10:09 PM

Does something like this really deserve its own thread? Why don't you just ask the site managers why?

Plus this was discussed months ago. If the site wants to make a change fine. But whining in public is never considered flattering. Unless one views oneself as a little girl. Based on how my family is composed then whining like a little girl just might work. It does occasionally.

But here? Probably not.
Old 08-22-2008, 10:20 PM

Quote:
P.S. No F-bomb I'm impressed.
Maybe he's in a good mood.

Just don't challenge him !!! Maybe he's reached Karma.
Old 08-22-2008, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob71 View Post
Maybe since there is so much interest in upconversion it should finally have it's own forum in the Related Topics section. At the very minimum they should have their own thread.
This is probably an idea worth considering. Then this forum could return to some other discussions and a discussion of upconverting technology would be kept a bit less contentious (or at least focused on real issues instead of insults, emotions, old hard feelings left over from HD-DVD vs. blu-ray days, etc.).
Old 08-22-2008, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich86 View Post
This is probably an idea worth considering. Then this forum could return to some other discussions and a discussion of upconverting technology would be kept a bit less contentious
Well, if that happened, that would undercut the very nature of Smackdown.
Old 08-22-2008, 10:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nextoo View Post
Does something like this really deserve its own thread? Why don't you just ask the site managers why?

Plus this was discussed months ago. If the site wants to make a change fine. But whining in public is never considered flattering. Unless one views oneself as a little girl. Based on how my family is composed then whining like a little girl just might work. It does occasionally.

But here? Probably not.
More insults no awswers is that the the disenfranchised fanboy mantra? I'm not stomping my feet and making my 2 thread a day max discussing the subject.