Blu-ray supporters, regarding Blood Diamond HD and BD versions - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-19-2007, 05:22 AM

Lightbulb Blu-ray supporters, regarding Blood Diamond HD and BD versions

based on Hidefdigest's news release and the imminent release of Blu-ray version, which is going to have much less special High Definition features, is it going to bother you knowing how much better you could have had on the HD DVD Version should you have decided to get this movie on BD long ago?

Quote:
The HD DVD of 'Blood Diamond' will be the first next-gen title to include web-enabled extras, including allowing viewers to use their players to offer opinions in Warner's online polls, as well as view other exciting special features such as maps of conflict pertaining to war-torn areas in Africa.

Furthermore, the HD DVD boasts an In-Movie Experience (IME) video commentary with additional behind-the-scenes and interview footage. And for the first time on 'Blood Diamond,' Warner will include the new Focus Points feature that takes the viewer to exciting in-depth featurettes and production diaries.

Last edited by TaiwaneSTUD; 04-19-2007 at 05:52 AM.
Old 04-19-2007, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaiwaneSTUD View Post
based on Hidefdigest's news release and the imminent release of Blu-ray version, which is going to have much less special High Definition features, is it going to bother you knowing how much better you could have had on the HD DVD Version should you decide to get this movie on BD long ago?
I kind of like this move, I wish they did it on all the releases that are waiting on BD-J. Sure the HD DVD version is going to have exclusive HD extras, but as long as they have the same video and audio transfer (not confirmed yet) and still have a good amount of extras, I would be happy.

For me this is much more acceptable than giving the HD DVD version TrueHD while the BD version gets DD5.1, lets hope that wont happen again!
Old 04-19-2007, 06:41 AM

i could care less about extras to be honest. I just want the movie. I have both formats but I am going to be buying on Blu-Ray because I don't want to wait a month.
Old 04-19-2007, 06:53 AM

I think the HD DVD sounds like the one to get, why would I want to pay the same price for a film that has less features?

I'm not a fan boy of either format, but I'm sure the die hard Blu Ray supporters will stick up for BD-J till the end of the earth, even though in most cases it is now holding up alot of films that have been out on HD for a while now, each to their own!

Anyway good news to here Blood Diamonds got a date now !
Old 04-19-2007, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onyxx View Post
For me this is much more acceptable than giving the HD DVD version TrueHD while the BD version gets DD5.1, lets hope that wont happen again!
The audio difference isn't even noticable to me, I'd rather have the extra features. Extra features aren't a huge deal to me but its nice to have them on something you buy. It gives the disc a little more life
Old 04-19-2007, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobrole View Post
i could care less about extras to be honest. I just want the movie. I have both formats but I am going to be buying on Blu-Ray because I don't want to wait a month.
If you have no interest in extras, then why not just go and see it in a cinema?

DVD is all about the extra experience the cinema cannot give you. BD is clearly unable to move that forwards.
Old 04-19-2007, 08:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranzparentl View Post
The audio difference isn't even noticable to me, I'd rather have the extra features. Extra features aren't a huge deal to me but its nice to have them on something you buy. It gives the disc a little more life
Of course it's not noticeable. You don't have the ability to access the lossless audio.

Having lossless audio is much more important to most early adopters, 360 add-on owners notwithstanding, than having interactive features.
Old 04-19-2007, 08:34 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotatsu Neko View Post
If you have no interest in extras, then why not just go and see it in a cinema?

DVD is all about the extra experience the cinema cannot give you. BD is clearly unable to move that forwards.
Yet most Blu-ray discs have better fidelity than that which appears in the cinema.

I'd say the Blu-ray exclusive studios are providing a much more visceral experience than most cinemas are able to give.
Old 04-19-2007, 08:36 AM
Banned

Looks like IME is going to be holding up the HD DVD version, how's that for a reversal of fortunes.

Blu-ray - June 5th.

HD DVD - July 2nd.
Old 04-19-2007, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranzparentl View Post
Well that is the thing with extras, I rarely watch them but they are very nice to have and they give the disc a little more life. While the audio is always there, every time you decide to watch the flick. I really don't care if one version of a movie has 3 featurettes while another one has 5, as long as they have them to give that disc a little extra life...