Blu-ray Disc prsentation at Media-Tech conference - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-11-2007, 10:27 AM

Default Blu-ray Disc prsentation at Media-Tech conference

Presenter:
Frank Simonis, Blu-ray Disc Association

This presentation will provide a high level overview of the Blu-ray Disc format and technologies, the driving market forces behind high definition packaged media formats, format comparisons, and a roundup of current and near-term products

to see presentation:
media-tech.net/fileadmin/templates/resources/sc07/d1_3_keynote_simonis.pdf
Old 04-11-2007, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekman View Post
Presenter:
Frank Simonis, Blu-ray Disc Association

This presentation will provide a high level overview of the Blu-ray Disc format and technologies, the driving market forces behind high definition packaged media formats, format comparisons, and a roundup of current and near-term products

to see presentation:
media-tech.net/fileadmin/templates/resources/sc07/d1_3_keynote_simonis.pdf
I stopped at slide 8 when they showed 0 new titles released for HD DVD for April and beyond. Half the people here could do a better presentation than that guy.
Old 04-11-2007, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aodh View Post
I stopped at slide 8 when they showed 0 new titles released for HD DVD for April and beyond. Half the people here could do a better presentation than that guy.
...In Europe.
Old 04-11-2007, 03:08 PM

Another FUDdy duddy document. I do like how the first page includes pictures of Harry Potter (HD DVD only so far) and a Finding Nemo character (what exactly is the release date for Nemo again? Oh, right, there is none). Oh heck, why not, they used all those Fox titles to hype the format at CES before cancelling virtually every one of them.

Here's my favorite though:
" 80% of the respondents plan to purchase Blu-ray movies to view
on their PS3
80% of 1,000,000 equals an installed base of 800,000 Blu-ray
players hungry for high definition motion picture content
Source: Sony Corp."

Yeah, OK. So there we have it. 800,000 PS3 units in the US are Blu-Ray players. Figure about 200,000 stand alone players and there are supposedly 1,000,000 BD players. And they still can't sell more copies of Superman or Superman II on BD than little old tiny HD DVD??

And when did they create this "slide show" anyway? Its using charts from January.

Every pro BD document or release that I see sounds more and more desperate. Its like they found the slimiest used car sales people from across the county and formed a new marketing company with them to promote Blu-Ray.
Old 04-11-2007, 03:13 PM

Default Denial! Denial! Denial!

"Another FUDdy duddy document."

Face it; HD-DVD ( the vastly inferior format ) is dieing. Keep clicking your heels together and telling yourself "there is no place like HD-DVD, there is no place like HD-DVD".

I wonder if those HD-DVD addon players for the XBOX 360 will make great boat anchors or maybe tire blocks to prevent your car from rolling down the driveway when you work on it. Yeeehaaaa!

Last edited by MentokTheMindTaker; 04-11-2007 at 03:31 PM. Reason: rule breakage, flame bait
Old 04-11-2007, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by singular_wit View Post
"Another FUDdy duddy document."

Face it; HD-DVD ( the vastly inferior format ) is dieing. Keep clicking your heels together and telling yourself "there is no place like HD-DVD, there is no place like HD-DVD".

I wonder if those HD-DVD addon players for the XBOX 360 will make great boat anchors or maybe tire blocks to prevent your car from rolling down the driveway when you work on it. Yeeehaaaa!
Wow, great post. Why you haven't been banned for being an absolutely worthless poster who contributes nothing shows how mod free this forum really seems to be. You contributed nothing of substance whatsoever. No facts, not even rehashed or retreaded. As well, you can't even spell "dying" properly. You sir, for the fact that your post contained no substance and you are a flame-baiter at best, are retarded.

Last edited by MentokTheMindTaker; 04-11-2007 at 03:31 PM. Reason: fixed quote
Old 04-11-2007, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space_Butler View Post
Why you haven't been banned for being an absolutely worthless poster who contributes nothing shows how mod free this forum really seems to be.
Look here I am! I am sorry I am not as punctual as you would like me to be. Oh wait... no I'm not.
Old 04-11-2007, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philnerd View Post
Another FUDdy duddy document. I do like how the first page includes pictures of Harry Potter (HD DVD only so far) and a Finding Nemo character (what exactly is the release date for Nemo again? Oh, right, there is none). Oh heck, why not, they used all those Fox titles to hype the format at CES before cancelling virtually every one of them.
Well, they've done that a bunch unfortunately. Until recently they had the Davy Jones character from PoTC 2 on the ad (with no announcement in sight for months) as well as the Finding Nemo character, Spiderman (also no announcement in sight except possibly for the sequel that's not even in theaters yet) and even as I've posted before, constantly showing Aladdin in Blu Ray demos on the Pioneer Elites --as if it's just right around the corner. For those of us that have the players, it's pretty damn frustrating to get teased.

Then again, I guess Universal took forever to get Back to the Future out on dvd due to legal issues, so nobody's perfect...
Old 04-11-2007, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesmos View Post
Then again, I guess Universal took forever to get Back to the Future out on dvd due to legal issues, so nobody's perfect...
And they even screwed up the WS Matting initially, but that's a story for another time. I don't expect Disney to have as much problems for their movies, I would believe they produce/distribute them internally for the most part as opposed to the production/distribution issues that most other studios contract.
Old 04-11-2007, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MentokTheMindTaker View Post
Look here I am! I am sorry I am not as punctual as you would like me to be. Oh wait... no I'm not.
I think Mentok should be the one to be banned...Yea. I said it

Back to the topic. Let the flaming begin. Again