Bluray fanboys: Why do you want HD DVD Dead? - High-Def Digest Forums
Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 03:15 PM

Question Bluray fanboys: Why do you want HD DVD Dead?

Some of the bluray fanboys are VERY vocal about wanting HD DVD dead. So much so that they are borderline rude and offensive about it. Moderators, take note...it's true. Some go so far as to completely abandon all reason and fact, just to suit their point of view.

I am a fence sitter on this whole format debate. I just want to hear, reasonable, rational and clear reasons WHY these people despise and hate HD DVD so much. It might give others in the boards a better understanding to the debate. It MIGHT also lend credibility to their posts!
Old 04-07-2007, 03:19 PM

they hate HD DVD because they are scared of its competition and what it could mean

i dont like blu ray because of the lack of standardization which will come to bite early adopters in the ass
Old 04-07-2007, 03:20 PM

Because of the fact that Blu-ray has the potential and specifications to display transfers superior to HD-DVD ( because of its superior bitrate and storage capacity ) but is currently hobbled by having studios who only want to do the transfer for the lowest common denominator ( that being HD-DVD ). In some cases it would appear they are so lazy that they are even crippling the audio track on the Blu-ray version because of ease of transfer. When HD-DVD is dead they can then focus their efforts completely on Blu-ray's superior specifications giving the end consumers better quality transfers.
Old 04-07-2007, 03:23 PM

I love high def movies. period. I just want one format to win, because two cannot survive. And since Blu-Ray has been dominating sales and will continue because of the studio support I support them. Day and date releases will decide the war and Universal just doesn't have much on tap for this year that would lead people to want HD. I am sorry but Evan Almighty is not going to make people jump into HD. POTC 3 or Spidey 3 will
Old 04-07-2007, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobrole View Post
I love high def movies. period. I just want one format to win, because two cannot survive.
What about iTunes and CDs? Two different formats - they coexist.
Old 04-07-2007, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteBread View Post
What about iTunes and CDs? Two different formats - they coexist.
That is the worst comparison in history. Blu-Ray and downloaded movies can co-exist but not two physical formats. Consumers would be too confused
Old 04-07-2007, 03:35 PM

because most Blu-ray fanboys are dreamers, they just make stuff about like Universal going neutral in 2007 and Weinstein doesnt release its own movies.
Old 04-07-2007, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteBread View Post
Some of the bluray fanboys are VERY vocal about wanting HD DVD dead. So much so that they are borderline rude and offensive about it.
I totally agree. Some comments are way out of line. I don't wish a format other than my own choice to die.
Old 04-07-2007, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkiller View Post
because most Blu-ray fanboys are dreamers,

i also think they are pretty misinformed , but that is something they will have to find out on their own
Old 04-07-2007, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by half-sane View Post
they hate HD DVD because they are scared of its competition and what it could mean

i dont like blu ray because of the lack of standardization which will come to bite early adopters in the ass
Maybe you should read this discussion thread - http://forums.highdefdigest.com/showthread.php?t=5687.
Closed Thread