Blu-ray in June - Big news soon? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-22-2007, 10:19 PM

Default Blu-ray in June - Big news soon?

So, here's the complete schedule for Blu-ray movies in June:

June 05, 2007
Cars (Buena Vista) *
Coming to America (Paramount) **
Con Air (Buena Vista) *
Crimson Tide (Buena Vista) *
The Rock (Buena Vista) *
Trading Places (Paramount)**

That's it - OK, it's a very good start! Four of the above titles (*) made over $100 million (Cars made $244 million) and the other two (**) made over $90 million at the US box office.

HD DVD have pretty much packed out the month so far. Their biggest title for the month looks like Bruce Almighty (which made over $240 million at the US box office, so it's a genuine blockbuster).

The question is: What surprises do the Blu-ray camp have in store following the blockbuster week one? Are they going for 3 weeks of zero releases or is there something even bigger waiting in the wings?
Old 03-22-2007, 10:22 PM

The Rock...

might have to buy it!
Old 03-22-2007, 10:25 PM

I'm definately getting Cars.
Old 03-22-2007, 10:27 PM

I guess we will have to buy Matrix!!!

By the time I have the money..it will be June!!!!
Old 03-22-2007, 10:53 PM

Cars is going to be great, I heard also that Independence Day and I Robot are also coming in June. Maybe June will even have the Blu-Ray Matrix - but only worth it singles are available and not the expensive set.

There is definely more stuff coming next summer, its only March.. By May we will see line ups for June, July August. - even one just announce for Novemeber.
Old 03-22-2007, 11:34 PM

Straight from Bill Hunt, posted on 3/22 in The Digital Bits Rumor Mill:

"Our industry sources have checked in with word on Sony's expected Blu-ray Disc slate for June. Here's what the studio apparently has planned: Hellboy, Meatballs, Rescue Me: The Complete First Season, A Few Good Men, Cruel Intentions, Seven Years in Tibet and Jerry Maguire. Watch for official announcements soon."

Here's the link:

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/rumormill.html#032207

I'm hoping there will be many more releases for June to follow, from all the Blu-ray exclusive studios.
Old 03-22-2007, 11:48 PM

Rescue Me?! Fuck yes! I love that show!
Old 03-22-2007, 11:56 PM
Banned

I e-mailed them the June 5th titles from Sony sometime ago, but it's not been added to the releases yet.

Expect Spiderman and Spiderman 2 in either Q3 or tied in with a Q4 Spidey 3 day and date.
Old 03-23-2007, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozziwig View Post
So, here's the complete schedule for Blu-ray movies in June:

June 05, 2007
Cars (Buena Vista) *
Coming to America (Paramount) **
Con Air (Buena Vista) *
Crimson Tide (Buena Vista) *
The Rock (Buena Vista) *
Trading Places (Paramount)**

That's it - OK, it's a very good start! Four of the above titles (*) made over $100 million (Cars made $244 million) and the other two (**) made over $90 million at the US box office.

HD DVD have pretty much packed out the month so far. Their biggest title for the month looks like Bruce Almighty (which made over $240 million at the US box office, so it's a genuine blockbuster).

The question is: What surprises do the Blu-ray camp have in store following the blockbuster week one? Are they going for 3 weeks of zero releases or is there something even bigger waiting in the wings?
They are waiting on BDJ-However, WB is not.
Old 03-23-2007, 12:03 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty HD View Post
They are waiting on BDJ-However, WB is not.
No they're not waiting on it. Most of the players have most of the BD-J support outside of a 2nd video decoder. There are many other things outside of PIP that BD-J is capable of and Cars and Pirates will no doubt be showing off these things.