"There Will Be Blood" HD DVD May Have Been Cancelled! - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-21-2008, 09:21 PM

Default "There Will Be Blood" HD DVD May Have Been Cancelled!

I just noticed an article on www.tvshowsondvd.com that is saying that the announcement of this title for HD DVD has been removed from the password protected listing on the Paramount site. Apparently the release announcement regarding this was computer generated and occurred on the day of the Toshiba announcement. This COULD be bad news for HD DVD, or it may mean NOTHING. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

"Paramount Switches: All Major Studios Now Back Blu-Ray" article
Old 02-21-2008, 09:32 PM

Well, all things considered, I certainly wouldn't blame Paramount or Universal for canning every HD DVD release that isn't pressed and shrinkwrapped. Was this for April? They may have only authored it, so could be worth cancelling.

Lets face it, the problem now isn't HD DVD fans not buying the last couple films, its convincing Best Buy, Wal-Mart, etc... to bother stocking.
Old 02-21-2008, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkadin View Post
I just noticed an article on www.tvshowsondvd.com that is saying that the announcement of this title for HD DVD has been removed from the password protected listing on the Paramount site. Apparently the release announcement regarding this was computer generated and occurred on the day of the Toshiba announcement. This COULD be bad news for HD DVD, or it may mean NOTHING. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

"Paramount Switches: All Major Studios Now Back Blu-Ray" article
I guess Paramount knows how to do cold turkey well ...
Old 02-21-2008, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balian View Post
I guess Paramount knows how to do cold turkey well ...
Well they got plenty of "cold turkey" experience from fucking blu-ray over on August 20th 2007, just ONE FUCKIN week before Blades of Glory was scheduled to be released....Trust me, it was pressed, printed, packaged, shrinkwrapped and was shipped to most stores before they were pulled.
Old 02-21-2008, 10:34 PM

A member on a canadian market tech forum also reported this. Seems to have contacts at studios and has access to the site in question.
Also removed were some TV DVD releases. Its not clear why.
Old 02-21-2008, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAMNSAM77 View Post
Well they got plenty of "cold turkey" experience from fucking blu-ray over on August 20th 2007, just ONE FUCKIN week before Blades of Glory was scheduled to be released....Trust me, it was pressed, printed, packaged, shrinkwrapped and was shipped to most stores before they were pulled.

Sam, you know what would have been sweet? If they HAD actually pressed the Star Trek 2nd and 3rd seasons on HD DVD, shipped them to Amazon and the stores, then the day before it was to go on sale announce the switch to Blu and have them all sent back to Paramount...and then destroyed, every one of them.

Sigh.

Oops, sorry, I was sitting here smiling contentedly for a few moments, just thinking how nice that would have been.
Old 02-21-2008, 10:54 PM

New thread title:

"There Won't Be Blood"
Old 02-21-2008, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkadin View Post
This COULD be bad news for HD DVD, or it may mean NOTHING. Guess we'll find out soon enough.
I find this funny, as there is no more HD DVD. It is like someone sanding over your dead body telling you, "You are dead!"

I don't understand why people care about HDDVD anymore. It is over and done with. Why would you throw good money after bad and go out and buy more HD DVD discs?

NOTHING can save HD DVD now, NOTHING.
Old 02-21-2008, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patranus View Post
I find this funny, as there is no more HD DVD. It is like someone sanding over your dead body telling you, "You are dead!"

I don't understand why people care about HDDVD anymore. It is over and done with. Why would you throw good money after bad and go out and buy more HD DVD discs?

NOTHING can save HD DVD now, NOTHING.
For me, it would give more hope for a Blu-ray version of it sooner than later.
Old 02-21-2008, 11:18 PM
O_o

There Will Be Blood is still listed, however due to strict consumer communication rules, I cannot disclose further information about this and other unannounced HD DVD titles. TvShows can't see it for a reason, it's due to the CSD which has not passed yet. And the HD DVD listing was not removed, it's now accessible via a different path. If anyone here has access, PM me and I can explain how to locate it.

Last edited by Geonosis; 02-22-2008 at 12:05 AM.