When will the first Universal/Paramount titles be released on Blu? What will they be? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-16-2008, 08:27 PM

Default When will the first Universal/Paramount titles be released on Blu? What will they be?

I'm guessing that once Toshiba makes the official announcement that they are abandoning their format, Universal & Paramount will make the switch in that same week.

Personally, I believe that Paramount will launch with a release of "The Transformers". It's hard for me to say what Universal will release, maybe "Charlie Wilson's War", or some other soon to be released titles.
Old 02-16-2008, 08:31 PM

Paramount

Top Gun
Blades of Glory
Transformers
Shrek

Universal

Serenity
The Mummy
The Bourne Identity
The Bourne Supremacy
Old 02-16-2008, 08:32 PM

Paramount will probably just release the discs that were ready to go to stores when they accepted the HD DVD payoff last summer, starting with Blades of Glory, and try to act as if nothing happened. Week or two after Toshiba's official announcement Monday/Tuesday.

Universal's most likely been exploring Blu-Ray for a very long time but I doubt they've got much already manufactured. Guessing their first titles will come out in a month, month and a half from now.

Call me crazy but besides Bourne I'm waiting for 2 Fast 2 Furious. Best unintentionally homoerotic movie since Top Gun.
Old 02-16-2008, 08:33 PM
Banned

I am hoping for Sweeney Todd from Para - and There Will be Blood
Old 02-16-2008, 08:35 PM

I want Children of Men ASAP! My wife and I haven't seen it since the theaters as we waited for it to come to BD.

I'd love to see Beowulf and American Gangster too (as long as they do a higher quality transfer of AG).