Your final (formerly known as) format war rant! - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-16-2008, 04:03 AM

Default Your final (formerly known as) format war rant!

Yupe its all over. Albeit Chris Daughtry keeps telling me its not!

So here is my final rant (or rants)

DAMN you toshiba its all your stupid fault!

DAMN studios and retailers for keep saying "the consumers have decided" yadda yadda yadda. The consumers have not decided! Decisions have been made for them for the start of the format war still the end! Starting with the inclusion of BD in PS3 and exclusive studio support! There wasnt a fair option given to consumers! SO FVCKING stop saying "the consumers have decided" because it clearly wasnt the case.

And oh for christ sake, add HDi to BD ALREADY!

Okay done ranting:

as Kosty has put it in his lets help BD now thread. Yeah - everybody must give shit to BDA in an attempt to drag prices down and reasonably priced 2.0 players ASAP. And with the higher storage capasity! We expect them to be fully utilised! and interativity must equal or better than previously offered by HD DVD.
Old 02-16-2008, 04:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxboi View Post

DAMN studios and retailers for keep saying "the consumers have decided" yadda yadda yadda. The consumers have not decided! Decisions have been made for them for the start of the format war still the end! Starting with the inclusion of BD in PS3 and exclusive studio support! There wasnt a fair option given to consumers! SO FVCKING stop saying "the consumers have decided" because it clearly wasnt the case.

Okay done ranting:

as Kosty has put it in his lets help BD now thread. Yeah - everybody must give shit to BDA in an attempt to drag prices down and reasonably priced 2.0 players ASAP. And with the higher storage capasity! We expect them to be fully utilised! and interativity must equal or better than previously offered by HD DVD.
everyone who supporters blu-ray knows that they could have bought HD DVD and forced all the companies to switch, including sony but thats not what we wanted. so yes we hand a choice and we are the ones who decided who won not the companies, you think if it was blu-ray losing for a full year it would have stood a chance?
Old 02-16-2008, 04:13 AM

good, get it off your chest, take a deep breath, now go buy some bbblu
Old 02-16-2008, 04:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluFalcon View Post
good, get it off your chest, take a deep breath, now go buy some bbblu
lol let me know when 2.0 BD players are $199 (up from previously $150). Until then, DVD works perfectly for me. yeah i am a cheap scap and proud of it
Old 02-16-2008, 04:21 AM

well hopefully now that hd dvd is out of the picture and we start to push for mass adoption of blu ray, that price may not be that far away
Old 02-16-2008, 04:23 AM

'Cheap' and 'early adopter' never mix very well.
Old 02-16-2008, 04:24 AM

In the history of format wars be it VHS vs Betamax, CD vs Vinyl, Macintosh vs PC, Sega vs Nintendo, Blu Ray's associated fanboys are the biggest shower of unutterable, arrogant clueless twats I've ever had the misfortune to experience. As for the technology itself....overpriced & unfinished toss.

Rant over.

hhhhdvd hhhhdvd hhhhdvd hhhhdvd hhhhdvd
Old 02-16-2008, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream View Post
In the history of format wars be it VHS vs Betamax, CD vs Vinyl, Macintosh vs PC, Sega vs Nintendo, Blu Ray's associated fanboys are the biggest shower of unutterable, arrogant clueless twats I've ever had the misfortune to experience. As for the technology itself....overpriced & unfinished toss.

Rant over.

hhhhdvd hhhhdvd hhhhdvd hhhhdvd hhhhdvd
Yeah, I have been such an ass for not allowing HD DVD nuts to get away with all the FUD spewn against BD. Sorry about that
Old 02-16-2008, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squozen View Post
'Cheap' and 'early adopter' never mix very well.
its coming to the second year of hidef! early adopters are not going to help BD from not becoming UMD 2. If the BDA keeps what they are doing, I am counting days when Studios drop BD as they have dropped HD DVD!
Old 02-16-2008, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxboi View Post

Okay done ranting:

if the consumer hasn't decided, why are more CONSUMERS buying blu-ray? do they have a gun to their head or something? face it HD DVD lost, what makes it worse if HD DVD had the option of beating Blu-ray at the very start, imagine if the Xbox 360 was release with a built in HD DVD drive...

oh and about the HDi comment...

"HP in turn invited Microsoft to also support Blu-ray for playback under Windows, which HP would need for the Blu-ray equipped PCs it sold. According to an article by Peter Burrows in BusinessWeek, Microsoft demanded that the Blu-ray group adopt its WinCE-based iHD for developing interactive content (since renamed to HDi) in order to sign on.

Somewhat ironically, the Blu-ray group had already adopted BDj, an interactive authoring system developed by HP. BDj is based upon Sun’s Java platform. Content developed for BDj is intended to be easily adapted for delivery not just on Blu-ray disc, but also over cable systems.

The Blu-ray Disc Association “did a three month side-by-side evaluation and concluded that iHD didn’t offer enough advantages to make a switch worthwhile,” Burrows reported. “Microsoft was livid.” In September 2005, Microsoft and Intel announced their exclusive support for HD-DVD, which had already included HDi as a mandatory part of the specification."
http://www.roughlydrafted.com/2007/0...vs-hd-dvd-war/

HDi won't be added to BD there is no point get over it... BTW I'm curious why is HDi so important to you? just because HDi is there doesn't make the HD DVD discs readable, the only group that profits with HDi being added is Microsoft... so why is that so important to you?