Why I chose Blu-ray over HD-Dvd. - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-13-2008, 09:12 PM

Default Why I chose Blu-ray over HD-Dvd.

Languages.
If you look on the back of Blu-ray box it has like 4+ language options.
Im hispanic and sometimes i want to watch a movie with the family so i just put it in spanish u cant do that with most Hd-dvds.
Old 02-13-2008, 09:28 PM

Wrong forum. Belongs in Blu-ray hardware forum.

This is the HD DVD fanboy appreciation forum. Only pro-HD DVD threads permitted here.
Old 02-13-2008, 11:23 PM

Default Good point.....

More subtitles and audio in additional languages, are only some of the features can only be had through Blu-Ray's CAPACITY.
For the sake of argument, let's think that one does'nt want pre-recorded media, and wants to 'possibly' copy some HD VOD for a compilation, etc. Which is better? 30gb or 50gb? I know that more competition on a new 'standard' will make hardware and blank media more affordable. Capacity is king. Let the CE and film companies sort out the specs. I just want the comfort in knowing that the new medium offers more flexibility for mixed media.
Old 02-13-2008, 11:25 PM

that's a fine reason for picking blu-ray. i never need any language except english so i don't even notice the language options on my hd-dvds.
Old 02-13-2008, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds0gt View Post
Languages.
If you look on the back of Blu-ray box it has like 4+ language options.
Im hispanic and sometimes i want to watch a movie with the family so i just put it in spanish u cant do that with most Hd-dvds.
This is a function of whomever (which studio) developed and offered the particular release for public consumption. It has little to do with HD-DVD vs. blu-ray vs. standard def dvd, as these language options have mostly to do with whether anyone bothered to record language tracks beyond the language the movie was originally made in. hhhhdvd
Old 02-13-2008, 11:39 PM

Of course, HD DVD has no region coding, so you would be free to buy the version that has the language you want.

But, if you're happy with Blu-ray, that's cool.