Hard Boiled: proof of Weinstein exclusitivity/non-exclusitivity? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-10-2008, 01:17 AM

Default Hard Boiled: proof of Weinstein exclusitivity/non-exclusitivity?

Hey all, whenever I mention Weinstien I always see a bickering match about wether Weinstien not having produced a movie for HD-DVD in months counts as exclusive anymore

But then I recall during one of those bits someone remebered that Hard Boiled is a Weinstien production and was released on the special edition version of the PS3 game "Stranglehold"

On one hand while it is on a Blu-ray diskas all PS3 games, Hard Boiled/Stranglehold can only be played on a PS3 (not a standalone Blu-Ray player) as you have to access the movie from the title screen

On the other hand Hard Boiled has't even been mentioned for HD-DVD release, and the one place we see Weisntien do ANYTHING in months is on Sony's black machine

So does Weinstien have an actucaly contract to be HD-DVD only? Or did they find a loophole by piggybacking it on a video game? And regardless of why, or even if they can put movies on Blu-ray, does this give any indication that may want to?
Old 02-10-2008, 02:15 AM

if they're smart, they go Blu. it'd be nice to see this happen soon.
Old 02-10-2008, 02:34 AM
Always SpartanJohnson

It's about lack of money.
Old 02-10-2008, 02:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bathawk View Post
Hey all, whenever I mention Weinstien I always see a bickering match about wether Weinstien not having produced a movie for HD-DVD in months counts as exclusive anymore

But then I recall during one of those bits someone remebered that Hard Boiled is a Weinstien production and was released on the special edition version of the PS3 game "Stranglehold"

On one hand while it is on a Blu-ray diskas all PS3 games, Hard Boiled/Stranglehold can only be played on a PS3 (not a standalone Blu-Ray player) as you have to access the movie from the title screen

On the other hand Hard Boiled has't even been mentioned for HD-DVD release, and the one place we see Weisntien do ANYTHING in months is on Sony's black machine

So does Weinstien have an actucaly contract to be HD-DVD only? Or did they find a loophole by piggybacking it on a video game? And regardless of why, or even if they can put movies on Blu-ray, does this give any indication that may want to?

Hard Boiled was DVD quality.
Old 02-10-2008, 04:35 AM

Who the F**K cares about this half rate production company?

They have ZERO movies. They are not winners. WHO CARES. I am sick about reading posts and threads about them. They are nobodies.
Old 02-10-2008, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patranus View Post
Who the F**K cares about this half rate production company?

They have ZERO movies. They are not winners. WHO CARES. I am sick about reading posts and threads about them. They are nobodies.
Weinstein is a great company, they did 1408, they have the right tons of great movies, they also own dimension films I personally wouldn't underestimate them, while they are not one of the "big" studios they do have alot of great movies I'd be excited to get.
Old 02-10-2008, 04:51 AM

weinstein is a good company. the two weinstein brothers founded miramax in 1979 and sold it to disney in 1993, but they still ran it until they left in 2005... hence the creation of a new film company. they also took dimension films with them.

and weinstein apparently picked up anton corbijn's first film 'control'... ooh...

plus they've got titles such as:

clerks 2
lucky number slevin
the libertine
feast
pulse
grindhouse

mmm... good stuff.
Old 02-10-2008, 05:55 AM

hard boiled is in HD, Midway the company that made the game said it was. they should know, unless you have some proof otherwise.

although i dont think it was 1080p... 1080i is what i heard the transfer ending up being as.

you can check the midway's official stranglehold mb for more details.
Old 02-10-2008, 08:44 AM

Wow, another reaching thread.
Old 02-10-2008, 01:56 PM

Ummm not sure if you guys know but Hard Boiled extra on BD was known to be heavily compressed infamous with artifacts all over. A lot of people actually said that they would rather have their SD DVD copy upscaled too because at times it was that bad.

This thread should have came out when the game came out, not now when both sides are grasping at straws