One month in "AW" (After Warner) what's changed? - High-Def Digest Forums
Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 08:08 PM

Default One month in "AW" (After Warner) what's changed?

Well the CES convention ended one month ago yesterday and will be remebered on the forums for the Warner Bros/Blu-Ray announcement (actualy announced on Jan 4th)

In that time we've had some news on the forums, some press releases...and a lot of FUD, so what DO we have?

Well in the past month many European companies have stopped supporting HD-DVD

SF (Sweden)
Sanbox (Sweden)
Manga (spain)
OVA (german)
Highlight (German)
FFW (Dutch)
FS (Finland)
Plus the Woolworths's announcemnt they were dropping HD-DVD (Curry's currently remains rumor)

Credit to Jag1977 for calling it that Europe will be Blu-ray by suummer

PLus various companies have gone Blu-Ray exclusive
ADV Films
R&B Films
National Geographic
HBO (didn't make confirmation until after WB announcement)

Transworld, who is responisble for most music stores in the US (i.e.e Suncoast, FYE ect would be minimizing the HD-DVD presence in thier stores
And on a minor point many Blockbuster's have started setting up large Blu-ray displays in their stores

in Addition Surround records state they will go neutral and support both formats

On the Red Side:
Italian Companies Dolmen and Mikado announced they will no longer produce blu-ray concentrating on HD-DVD exclusively

Paramount/Dreamworks quickly reaffirmed thier support for HD-DVD right after WB's announcement, adn after a long delay Universal does the same

BBC, cting the sales on PLanet Earth HD-DVD would remain format Neutral, alone of among the other WWB companies (New Line National Geographic, HBO)

anything else I may have missed besides various sales?

Last edited by Bathawk; 02-09-2008 at 08:49 PM.
Old 02-09-2008, 08:12 PM

the filmax news is speculative. their news release only said they were now supporting blu-ray and said nothing of dropping hd dvd.

after that, the rest of it might also be speculation... and these types of threads are dumb. none of the creators of these types of list threads are neutral. only fanboys tend to make these lists and that goes for both sides.
Old 02-09-2008, 08:12 PM
formerly "SpazMedicine"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bathawk View Post
anything else I may have missed...
A point, perhaps? We all know what's gone on in the past month. What was the point of all that typing?
Old 02-09-2008, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by melodywhore View Post
the filmax news is speculative. their news release only said they were now supporting blu-ray and said nothing of dropping hd dvd.

after that, the rest of it might also be speculation... and these types of threads are dumb. none of the creators of these types of list threads are neutral. only fanboys tend to make these lists and that goes for both sides.
edited the Filmax mention out,

And I admit I myself am a "red basher" but really am trying to make htis just a summary list, if you have and HD-DVD positive news from the past month I'll be glad to add it
Old 02-09-2008, 08:26 PM

Who cares. You buy your movies and I'll buy mine. Just because mine is red or blue doesn't make a difference.

Just enjoy the films.
Old 02-09-2008, 08:29 PM

Referencing this thread the next time some people say that the Warner decision "didn't affect anything"

Yeah, there ARE still a few people who still say that

- T
Old 02-09-2008, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bathawk View Post

anything else I may have missed besides various sales?
How about some Italian productions going HD-DVD exclusive?
Old 02-09-2008, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolitzpogi View Post
Referencing this thread the next time some people say that the Warner decision "didn't affect anything"

Yeah, there ARE still a few people who still say that

- T
Note to self:

From now on remember to write "the Warner decision 'didn't affect anything'"of real consequence.

It did make blu boy's more obnoxious, which I didn't think was possible...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cozz View Post
How about some Italian productions going HD-DVD exclusive?
can I see the link/thread please so I don't make the same error I did with the Filmax one?
Closed Thread