Theoretically, Flawless in its Design: - High-Def Digest Forums
Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 08:31 PM

Default Theoretically, Flawless in its Design:

I have a problem with what Warner did to such a great and highly anticipated title, Jessie James. Do they really care about Blu? If so, they care even less about Red. This title could have been great, but instead itís rather ordinary at best.

It kind of pisses me off. If the Red version looks better, Iíll be convinced. Iím not saying it will or can, because I understand HDM.

Itís too soon to be declaring a winner or loser. The format war is so young yet, we might in fact all be at a loss. Who knows what the future has in store. Being purple, Iíve become rather bitter against Studios in general. The Flip/Flopping, the Weak Releases, the High Prices. Why canít they give the consumer what it wants, which is a solid transfer.

This isnít about color, it never was. This isnít about HDM and all the flawless excitement both formats could provide. Itís about the Studios and the love of the only color that matters. GREEN...

Last edited by JackHunt; 11-20-2009 at 12:46 AM.
Old 02-08-2008, 08:33 PM

How will the red version look better? It's going to be the same encode ported over.
Old 02-08-2008, 08:38 PM

"Iím not saying it will or can"

In terms of hardware, will my A35 make it look better than my PS3. I can't see that happening.
Old 02-08-2008, 09:05 PM

Interesting.
Old 02-08-2008, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzor77 View Post
How will the red version look better? It's going to be the same encode ported over.
Do you know this for sure? Or is this just your guess? If would suck if you're right. I was hoping Warner would do Blu-ray specific encodes like Paramount did.
Old 02-08-2008, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chau808 View Post
Do you know this for sure? Or is this just your guess? If would suck if you're right. I was hoping Warner would do Blu-ray specific encodes like Paramount did.
My guess is that they won't until after May. They're not taking advantage of BD's capabilities for some reason yet...
Old 02-08-2008, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgstewar View Post
My guess is that they won't until after May. They're not taking advantage of BD's capabilities for some reason yet...
Because wouldn't it just cost them more to do 2 separate encodes?
Old 02-08-2008, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackHunt View Post
Being purple, Iíve become rather bitter against Studios in general. The Flip/Flopping, the Weak Releases, the High Prices. Why canít they give the consumer what it wants, which is a solid transfer.
i've always thought that studios should have remained neutral and let the consumers decide, but unfortunately the history of video formats dictated something else. and the fact that sony decided to even get involved in another format war kind of pisses me off, too. didn't they learn their lesson the first time? or is all of their attempts at creating new formats just their MO and they can't help it?
Old 02-08-2008, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by melodywhore View Post
i've always thought that studios should have remained neutral and let the consumers decide, but unfortunately the history of video formats dictated something else. and the fact that sony decided to even get involved in another format war kind of pisses me off, too. didn't they learn their lesson the first time? or is all of their attempts at creating new formats just their MO and they can't help it?
Don't forget that Universal was the FIRST studio to choose sides... if you wanna blame anyone for starting all this "exclusivity" mess, you know who to look for...

- T
Old 02-08-2008, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolitzpogi View Post
Don't forget that Universal was the FIRST studio to choose sides... if you wanna blame anyone for starting all this "exclusivity" mess, you know who to look for...

- T
So you're saying Sony was once going to release on HD DVD???
Closed Thread