Future Shop Consumers Rate HD DVD Players Higher than Blu-ray - High-Def Digest Forums
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-01-2008, 12:30 AM
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 271
Default Future Shop Consumers Rate HD DVD Players Higher than Blu-ray

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/cla...EN&catid=25320

Although Blu-ray has more models available (7 compared to 2 HD DVD), the HD DVD players have a higher consumer rating, by almost 2 stars.

HD DVD Average (2 players: 3.97 & 4.25) = 4.11 / 5 Stars

Blu-Ray Average (7 players: 2.6, 2.11, 2.81, 2.21, 2.43, 2.53, 1.68) = 2.3 / 5 Stars

Surprisingly the 1.68 / 5 Star Rated Blu-ray player was the Sony BDP-S500

Also interesting to note the number of ratings (784 & 304 for the HD DVD players) & (176, 291, 206, 61, 151, 1077, 192 for the Blu-ray players).

Essentially more Blu players are being sold (2154 Blu compared to 1088 HD DVD) yet the HD DVD consumers are happier by a long shot, compared to the disappointed Blu consumers.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-01-2008, 12:37 AM
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 271
Default

My whle point is to show that the self proclaimed "superior format" is releasing crap technology and the consumers are realizing it, while the "dead technology" is better rated.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-01-2008, 12:41 AM
DoubleJ's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,081
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthXan View Post
My whle point is to show that the self proclaimed "superior format" is releasing crap technology and the consumers are realizing it, while the "dead technology" is better rated.
Your point is actually to bash the format you dislike.

Say what you will about the PS3; it blows all of these players out of the water.

Your "post" is "flamebait," no "doubt."

And no, I am not a fanboy, but I do prefer Blu-ray.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-01-2008, 12:44 AM
ultradark buckshot's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 270
Default

so 1 chain store in a small market has some dumb people in it. this proves what? i bet you the big lots customers will prefer hd dvd when the players start trickling down there.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-01-2008, 12:45 AM
Indy_aka_Rex's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 19,228
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthXan View Post
My whle point is to show that the self proclaimed "superior format" is releasing crap technology and the consumers are realizing it, while the "dead technology" is better rated.
Or maybe HD-DVD fanboys are spamming Futureshop's reviews with negative ones? It's a public forum - ANYBODY can write a "review" of the hardware - or even rate it. This isn't indicative of anything other than how easy it is to review something on a website.

Shit like this happens ALL THE TIME on Amazon.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-01-2008, 12:48 AM
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 271
Default

I also like how on Best Buy Canada, both HD DVD players have a Quantity remaining number (2 & 10). This usually is posted when the players are selling and are in low QTY. Otherwise you see "In Stock" etc...
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-01-2008, 12:49 AM
theHDphantom's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,423
Default

Good old Future Shop. Say, they gonna have more sales on HD DVD players this week??
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-01-2008, 12:50 AM
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 271
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy_aka_Rex View Post
Or maybe HD-DVD fanboys are spamming Futureshop's reviews with negative ones? It's a public forum - ANYBODY can write a "review" of the hardware - or even rate it. This isn't indicative of anything other than how easy it is to review something on a website.

Shit like this happens ALL THE TIME on Amazon.
Sry, but after all the time I have spent on these forums & all the blu posts I have read, its clear to me that spamming public forums with bad ratings is only something a blu boy would do.

Hell, just check out these forums and see all the "HD DVD is dead" "HD DVD will die" "HD DVD give up" etc threads, and you get a pretty clear picture of who would sink to such low tactics.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-01-2008, 12:51 AM
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 271
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theHDphantom View Post
Good old Future Shop. Say, they gonna have more sales on HD DVD players this week??
HD-A3 is listed as 149.99 and A30 is 199.99.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-01-2008, 12:54 AM
Indy_aka_Rex's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 19,228
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthXan View Post
Sry, but after all the time I have spent on these forums & all the blu posts I have read, its clear to me that spamming public forums with bad ratings is only something a blu boy would do.

Hell, just check out these forums and see all the "HD DVD is dead" "HD DVD will die" "HD DVD give up" etc threads, and you get a pretty clear picture of who would sink to such low tactics.


Lol, seriously man? Don't make me laugh - that's one of the worst HD-DVD fanboy remarks I've ever heard.

Maybe you should do stand-up, because your posts are hilarious.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Will Blu-ray software revenue (2011) be higher than VHS software revenue (2004)? PSound High Definition Smackdown 56 01-17-2011 02:00 AM
PS3 games rate higher than 360 games.... MA16v3 Gaming Smackdown 84 07-02-2009 07:52 PM
Sony: PS3 has higher attach rate than 360 Hadoken Gaming Smackdown 41 04-15-2009 12:27 AM
BR attach rate higher than HD DVD attach rate. spicynacho High Definition Smackdown 63 11-16-2007 04:54 AM
The Higher Bit-Rate Argument Is Flawed BobDiaz High Definition Smackdown 132 04-15-2007 02:47 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off