Maybe a Phaser will turn Toshiba's ship... - High-Def Digest Forums
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-29-2008, 02:07 AM
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 109
Default Maybe a Phaser will turn Toshiba's ship...

Get a free phaser remote with the purchase of a player and season one of ST:TOS...

http://www.tacp.toshiba.com/hddvd/

Wonder if that comes with the blu or red laser?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-29-2008, 02:40 AM
mitchl's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 824
Default

All I know is that I sent off for my phaser the day after Thanksgiving (and sent off for my 5 free HD-DVDs) and haven't seen either one of them yet.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-29-2008, 06:26 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,045
Default

I wish this offer was available in Canada.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-29-2008, 06:28 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 96
Default

Apparently there is a room with 90,000 of these phasers in it at Paramount HQ.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-29-2008, 06:32 PM
Indy_aka_Rex's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 19,228
Default

Has hell frozen over yet?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-29-2008, 08:28 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 893
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshlvrsn View Post
Get a free phaser remote with the purchase of a player and season one of ST:TOS...

http://www.tacp.toshiba.com/hddvd/

Wonder if that comes with the blu or red laser?
Infrared, I believe... <:-|
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-04-2008, 07:42 PM
Mike171979's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,043
Default

I wondered about these phasers.

So has anyone got one yet?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-04-2008, 08:41 PM
hdinred's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 14,816
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trakan View Post
Apparently there is a room with 90,000 of these phasers in it at Paramount HQ.
They sold over 100,000 of the Start Trek combo sets. It was a success.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-04-2008, 09:44 PM
AltonDarwin's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 831
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdinred View Post
They sold over 100,000 of the Start Trek combo sets. It was a success.
Is there a link for that number? A $125 (street price) set sold more than the Matrix movies at half the price? I'd LOVE to see that sales report. There was a PREDICTION that it would move that many units, but it never even cracked the Top 10 as I recall.

PLEASE provide that link, hdinfud...
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-04-2008, 09:56 PM
hdinred's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 14,816
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltonDarwin View Post
Is there a link for that number? A $125 (street price) set sold more than the Matrix movies at half the price? I'd LOVE to see that sales report. There was a PREDICTION that it would move that many units, but it never even cracked the Top 10 as I recall.

PLEASE provide that link, hdinfud...
Yeah, that's what I was thinking of...

Ross is also confident that the two companies' will sell at least 100,000 copies of their first HD DVD box set, Star Trek: Season One.

http://www.afterdawn.com/news/archive/12374.cfm
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Convergence of Web & TV (Turn your TV into a computer, turn your computer into a TV) Kosty High Definition Smackdown 20 08-05-2011 07:07 PM
Wrong Turn & Wrong Turn 2: Dead End - September 15th timbobarry Blu-ray Software General Discussion 14 07-27-2009 05:46 PM
Anyone received their Phaser from Paramount & Toshiba yet? mitchl HD DVD Hardware General Discussion 13 02-20-2008 08:51 PM
Toshiba, CBS to Offer "Phaser" HD DVD Remote Control jed CEDIA 2007: General Discussion 27 09-11-2007 01:26 AM
The Ultimate Trek Phaser is Here!! BEHOLD!!! DAMNSAM77 High Definition Smackdown 36 09-07-2007 12:31 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off