Ebay prices dropping faster than Tosh - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-18-2008, 03:43 PM

Default Ebay prices dropping faster than Tosh

I've been lurking for a LONG time. I'm amazed and amuzed at the rediculous arguments that go on in here. I choose sides as soon as Sony announced the PS3. 90% of the electronics in my home are Sony. Hopefully that covers my bias. From day one I have looked forward to one format. I'd really like to see an argument made where, in the CE area, multiple formats have benfited consumers. I'm GENUINELY interested. Stereo AM, SACD, UMD even HDTV. All suffered or died by leaving it up to customers to decide.

J6P just ain't that bright and some times the two choices both have good points. I should add to my bias that I am not an M$ fan. One of the big reasons is that they just keep putting a bigger band aid over the orginal technology. It was no surprise to me to find them in the HD-DVD camp. I was half expecting the name to change to DVD XP.

It looks like Toshiba's biggest cometition right now is eBay. The A30 is having a hard time cracking $150 and the highest bid for an A35 is $240...

The number of auctions has gone from 150 before blu Friday to almost 800.

I can't wait to see those fightin' robots on BD as Mr. Bay promised.
Old 01-18-2008, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshlvrsn View Post
I've been lurking for a LONG time. I'm amazed and amuzed at the rediculous arguments that go on in here. I choose sides as soon as Sony announced the PS3. 90% of the electronics in my home are Sony. Hopefully that covers my bias. From day one I have looked forward to one format. I'd really like to see an argument made where, in the CE area, multiple formats have benfited consumers. I'm GENUINELY interested. Stereo AM, SACD, UMD even HDTV. All suffered or died by leaving it up to customers to decide.

J6P just ain't that bright and some times the two choices both have good points. I should add to my bias that I am not an M$ fan. One of the big reasons is that they just keep putting a bigger band aid over the orginal technology. It was no surprise to me to find them in the HD-DVD camp. I was half expecting the name to change to DVD XP.

It looks like Toshiba's biggest cometition right now is eBay. The A30 is having a hard time cracking $150 and the highest bid for an A35 is $240...

People are still buying them on Amazon, for a dead format it is certainly still giving Blu-Ray a run for its err Sony's money. BTW, Tranformers is AMAZING on high-def.
Old 01-18-2008, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barricade View Post
People are still buying them on Amazon, for a dead format it is certainly still giving Blu-Ray a run for its err Sony's money. BTW, Tranformers is AMAZING on high-def.
really? Transformers never really impressed.
Old 01-18-2008, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleeve View Post
It impressed a MAJORITY of the population
Old 01-18-2008, 03:55 PM

Quote:

Daaaang! It doesn't look too good. It will really suck for the ones who planned on but yet haven't put up their HDDVD players for auction on ebay. I know we all get lazy sometimes and procrasinate, but I would highly recommend to the ones who are intending on auctioning off their HDDVD players to do so soon, before Toshiba slashes their MSRP's to $49 for the A3 and $99 for the A35.
Old 01-18-2008, 03:55 PM

Quote:
It's your j6p theory. A lot of people probably don't know about the Warner switch and just buying because of the new lower price or they are people going purple at the low price because they don't want to wait for the eventual studio switch and product re-release on Blu (I even thought about this myself since I want Heroes season 1 bad, but I won't since it will prolong the death of HD-DVD). Then you look at ebay and you see the explosion of units for sale and you know that people in the know is getting off a sunken ship.
Old 01-18-2008, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleeve View Post
That was about the only movie that could have made me purple, but I have been a strong BLU supporter all along, Not a single movie was going to change my mind. But I did envy our HDDVD boyz for having it exclusively.

MMMMMegan Fox!!! MMMMM!!! oh did I say that out loud?
Old 01-18-2008, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiz33 View Post
It's your j6p theory. A lot of people probably don't know about the Warner switch and just buying because of the new lower price or they are people going purple at the low price because they don't want to wait for the eventual studio switch and product re-release on Blu (I even thought about this myself since I want Heroes season 1 bad, but I won't since it will prolong the death of HD-DVD). Then you look at ebay and you see the explosion of units for sale and you know that people in the know is getting off a sunken ship.
No one knows about Warner? Are you kidding me, its been reported by every major newspaper, CNN, and almost every blog. People are buying them probably because they can play HD-DVDs and UPCONVERT.
Old 01-18-2008, 04:00 PM

Quote:
No one knows about Warner? Are you kidding me, its been reported by every major newspaper, CNN, and almost every blog. People are buying them probably because they can play HD-DVDs and UPCONVERT.
yeah i kinda have to agree with this. my parents aren't too keen on things but know I have hd dvd and blu ray. When it happened, the next day I talked to them and my mom even said that it looks like blu ray is getting all my warner buys now...
Old 01-18-2008, 04:01 PM

Quote:
IF you choose sides as soon as Sony announced the PS3, and

IF 90% of the electronics in your home are Sony, and IF

IF you can't wait to see those fightin' robots on BD,

Then WTF are you checking eBay for HD DVD players so often?

I love how these "long time lurkers" only feel compelled to come out of the closet to put one format down over the other.

And, by the way, it doesn't work to just type "HD" in a search in the DVD players section of eBay, because your "800" items includes a ton of

RCA DRC285 DVD PLAYER HD UPCONVERSION
Pioneer DV-400V-K DVD Player w/ HD Upconversion
Panasonic DVD-S77 with manual & HDMI HD Upconversion-NR
Samsung DVD-1080P7 DVD Player w/ HD Upconversion

etc., etc., etc.