I assure you that Toshiba didn't slash their prices because they love their fans - High-Def Digest Forums
Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 05:04 AM

Default I assure you that Toshiba didn't slash their prices because they love their fans

They're hurting from the shock of Warner Brothers and they're scared. Their sudden price drop is to both get rid of inventory and get players in homes. The new dirtcheapplayers/Upconverting is good enough marketing ploy seems desperate. HD-DVD is becoming a joke and if you don't believe me just look around the internet (forums/news/youtube). No hard feelings to HD-DVD but it will not be the successor to DVD. That will be Blu-ray.
Old 01-15-2008, 05:10 AM
Banned

Maybe it's because it's 3:00 in the morning or maybe it's because I have a cold, but I'm feeling like I've sucked enough blood out of HD DVD fans.

It's time.
Old 01-15-2008, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fettastic View Post
Maybe it's because it's 3:00 in the morning or maybe it's because I have a cold, but I'm feeling like I've sucked enough blood out of HD DVD fans.

It's time.
To end this war or for you to go to bed? lol
Old 01-15-2008, 05:19 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowl-o-rama View Post
They're hurting from the shock of Warner Brothers and they're scared. Their sudden price drop is to both get rid of inventory and get players in homes. The new dirtcheapplayers/Upconverting is good enough marketing ploy seems desperate. HD-DVD is becoming a joke and if you don't believe me just look around the internet (forums/news/youtube). No hard feelings to HD-DVD but it will not be the successor to DVD. That will be Blu-ray.
Complete FUD. Hd dvd may not be the successor to dvd but neither will blu-ray. If it makes you feel better about yourself, then just keep telling yourself that. Let's get real man, Blu-ray has been out for how many years now and the number of discs it has sold is downright pathetic. That even includes the ps3 trojan horse factor. Yeah blu-ray might be doing slightly better than hd dvd, but in the big picture it's getting it's a-- handed to it by dvd. In that sense it's also a big joke. haha
Old 01-15-2008, 05:22 AM

Quote:
O.....K......there buddy. And you're not a joke?
Old 01-15-2008, 05:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
To end this war or for you to go to bed? lol
I keep trying to watch the second half of Shoot 'Em Up on Blu-ray but I keep getting sucked into discussions here.
Old 01-15-2008, 05:41 AM

Quote:
.... is becoming a joke and if you don't believe me just look around the internet (forums/news/youtube).
The only joke atm is the excessive amount of blubot posting which is nothing more than speculation. Seemingly, the only way they can come to terms with Sony buying out Warner, and HD DVD still hasnt gone away.

If anything, Toshiba dropping player prices has surely rattled the blu boys cage.

Quote:
...will not be the successor to DVD. That will be Blu-ray.
What year, 2016?
ATM BD has only a slightly better chance of doing that.
Old 01-15-2008, 05:44 AM

Quote:
HD-DVD is becoming a joke and if you don't believe me just look around the internet (forums/news/youtube).
Here's some irony for you...For over a year now, the PS3 has been on the receiving end of similar attacks due to its lackluster gaming selection and failure to upstage the 360 in graphics performance or anything else for that matter. If you want to argue that consoles are different than HDM in that there is room in the market for multiple competitors, you should also apply this logic to Sony and Betamax (which lasted over a decade before Sony conceded defeat). Going by that timespan, Toshiba has at least a decade to go (and I realize technology is moving faster than it did in the 80s but solid state and downloads are still years away from becoming a reality, potentially a decade or more) and with their royalties on the line in the form of declining DVD sales, they have every right to push HD DVD as far as they're willing to go. More power to them.
Old 01-15-2008, 05:49 AM

Quote:
They're hurting from the shock of Warner Brothers and they're scared.
No kidding. Brilliant deduction.
Old 01-15-2008, 05:49 AM

Quote:
yes the WB bomb hurt but that was 11 days ago. The dust HAS settled. The price drop........

wait let me put some
Blu-glasses on......Desperate looking.They just need to give up and go away!

Red-glasses on.... Great move! HD DVD FTW! Thank God, Downloading
would have sucked!

Purple glasses on..........Did you think they were just going to go away.
Not that it matters to me. I have Both formats!

With thinking cap on looking through logical and business glasses...........
http://forums.highdefdigest.com/showthread.php?t=36837

Its only a joke to Gamers. The rest of the population could care less about You-Tube and game forums. thou you are likely correct in your statement about HD DVD. You are assuming that blu-ray will prevail over DVD. That my friend, still remains to be scene!
Closed Thread