Do you like HD downloads? Congratulations! You have won a sub-forum just for you! - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-10-2008, 06:04 AM

Default Do you like HD downloads? Congratulations! You have won a sub-forum just for you!

http://forums.highdefdigest.com/forumdisplay.php?f=70
Old 01-10-2008, 06:16 AM

Excellent, happy to see this implemented - just for the fact to cut down on the number of posts pertaining to it in Smackdown.
Old 01-10-2008, 08:00 AM

what's funny is that it's a ghost town over there (just like the HD DVD booth at CES, eh?).

looks like the guys who were all over those threads posting in support of it were just looking for something to argue for that hadn't already lost, the way HD DVD has.
Old 01-10-2008, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by winstonshu View Post
what's funny is that it's a ghost town over there (just like the HD DVD booth at CES, eh?).

looks like the guys who were all over those threads posting in support of it were just looking for something to argue for that hadn't already lost, the way HD DVD has.
A ghost town? Maybe because the forum just got opened and is less than a day old. Also anyone that think HD downloads won't become more popular is out of their mind. You might not think it will ever pass physical media but as compression and internet speeds get better you will see more and more HD downloads.

Thanks for the new subforum!
Old 01-10-2008, 08:49 AM
Watcher of stances

won't see much traffic there, especially once people realize how un-HD HD downloads will be for quite some time.
Old 01-10-2008, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranzparentl View Post
A ghost town? Maybe because the forum just got opened and is less than a day old. Also anyone that think HD downloads won't become more popular is out of their mind. You might not think it will ever pass physical media but as compression and internet speeds get better you will see more and more HD downloads.

hah. yes, a ghost town. regardless of when it was opened, compared to the amount of rabid posting from you guys while that puffery was in this forum, it's a ghost town.
Old 01-10-2008, 09:17 AM

Quote:

I doubt it will get very busy even after some time. Prove us wrong.

I think downloads will become popular, but still a way off.
Old 01-10-2008, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarakoMeshi View Post
I doubt it will get very busy even after some time. Prove us wrong.

I think downloads will become popular, but still a way off.
I'm sure it will never get nearly as busy as the smackdown forum but since this technology is still emerging its a good places to talk about different download formats and ways of streaming it to from your PC to TV.

I honestly think after the "format war" is 100% over this site will actually lose a lot of traffic. People love to argue on forums here and everywhere and if there is less to argue about there will be less people coming to post.

Obviously these forums won't die out or anything like that, but their revenue is based on ad impressions and I think that could dip significantly.
Old 01-10-2008, 09:23 AM

oh sweet jebus. now it will be microsoft huggers shouting about downloads vs. blu rays since hd dvd lost. great actually i'm glad. debate is always fun.

here's the first argument and my rebuttal.

''i love hd downloads. I buy the movie on friday and by sunday (barring any sort of network problems or power outages) I should have it downloaded. its just as good as my hd dvds were. its got the lossy audio, heavily compressed distorted image, and crappy special features I have to download more of.''

my rebuttal

''do I even need to argue against that?''
Old 01-10-2008, 09:26 AM

Quote:
I'm sure it will never get nearly as busy as the smackdown forum but since this technology is still emerging its a good places to talk about different download formats and ways of streaming it to from your PC to TV.

I honestly think after the "format war" is 100% over this site will actually lose a lot of traffic. People love to argue on forums here and everywhere and if there is less to argue about there will be less people coming to post.

Obviously these forums won't die out or anything like that, but their revenue is based on ad impressions and I think that could dip significantly.
Yeah, that is all true.