It's like watching a hero die in a movie. It's just kind of sad really.... - High-Def Digest Forums
Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 12:36 AM

Unhappy It's like watching a hero die in a movie. It's just kind of sad really....

I own both the 360 HD-DVD add-on and a PS3 so I'm good either way. But honestly I find that watching HD-DVD die off to be rather sad in a way. It's really a shame that it's probably not going to make it. I personally like it better than blu-ray as of now and look at it as a great product that's now on it's way out...it just doesn't seem right.

So hats off to the fallen hero (HD-DVD)
Old 01-05-2008, 12:39 AM
Banned

Yea, sorta like some facist army stomping thru the lands, raping and pillaging all in their way. And HD DVD was the resistance army, and they have finally fallen under the huge weigt of the facist party, and soon all will fall into darkness and there will be no such things as "dreams" or "hope" ever again. That's how I see it at least
Old 01-05-2008, 12:40 AM

Well, your hero sucked to begin with.

Fight back? With what, exactly? HD DVD has no more advantages, and it just lost Warner (and if what I read is correct, New Line and HBO as well). Even the double-length press conference was canceled. So what are they supposed to fight back with?

-HD DVD got stomped for all 52 weeks last year.
-HD DVD lost Warner.
-HD DVD canceled its press event.
-HD DVD's Christmas effect did not offset Blu-ray's.
-HD DVD no longer has PiP as an "advantage" (I tried this on my 1.1 player, and it blows anyway)
-HD DVD still has less storage and lower peak bandwidth

So, yeah, "fight back" with whatever you think you have left.
Old 01-05-2008, 12:42 AM
Banned

I feel similar to how I felt when Dreamcast (by far the more consumer friendly product with better graphics *at the time*, better games, and better features) was prematurely slain by the evil Sony and the overhyped PS2. Very similar feelings. I think that's what started my hate of sony fanboys becuz it was back then I realized their hearts pumped pure black awfulness thru their veins cuz they were SO MEAN back then, and since then, I have run across less then a handful of actual nice ones
Old 01-05-2008, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Septimus Prime View Post
Well, your hero sucked to begin with.

Fight back? With what, exactly? HD DVD has no more advantages, and it just lost Warner (and if what I read is correct, New Line and HBO as well). Even the double-length press conference was canceled. So what are they supposed to fight back with?

-HD DVD got stomped for all 52 weeks last year.
-HD DVD lost Warner.
-HD DVD canceled its press event.
-HD DVD's Christmas effect did not offset Blu-ray's.
-HD DVD no longer has PiP as an "advantage" (I tried this on my 1.1 player, and it blows anyway)
-HD DVD still has less storage and lower peak bandwidth

So, yeah, "fight back" with whatever you think you have left.
Well I have watched a butt load of movies on both and see no real advantage blu-ray has over HD-DVD...though you can talk tech crap all day long if it makes you feel like you have a bigger penis.
Old 01-05-2008, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Septimus Prime View Post
Thanks. I get to be arrogant because my side won. Let me know when you get to be arrogant because it certainly wasn't any week last year.
True, but unlike you I'll get to sleep in a bed with a woman tonight that's not related to me. Enjoy your PS3.
Old 01-05-2008, 12:50 AM

It does make me feel that way. But whether I'm huge or pencil-small is irrelevant toward sales, where you lost all 52 weeks last year.
Old 01-05-2008, 12:54 AM

Love all these opinions posts coming out, if only I had some pop-corn
Old 01-05-2008, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off The Fence View Post
True, but unlike you I'll get to sleep in a bed with a woman tonight that's not related to me. Enjoy your PS3.
Sir, this was sig worthy. Lol, this line had me cracking up.
Old 01-05-2008, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blahaha View Post
So hats off to the fallen hero (HD-DVD)
Choose your heros wisely.
Closed Thread