It's the BDA's game to loose - HD DVD wins by just hanging around - High-Def Digest Forums
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-25-2007, 09:03 AM
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 254
Default It's the BDA's game to loose - HD DVD wins by just hanging around

Stringer even said it himself, that the fight now is about prestige. This game has always been the BDAs to loose, since after all, HD DVD never had a chance and has been a dead format from day 1. If the BDA cant put away HD really really soon, then they never will. It wont be long before dual format players are cheaper than PS3s and too cheap to justify a bluray standalone. It wont be long before the TL51 is the norm and HD starts selling millions of discs with each new release.

The way i see it, if Sony doesnt win this thing, they will be the biggest loser. By not winning long ago, they have lost perhaps hundreds of millions in profits from past and future player and disc sales...but worse, as Stringer implied, they will have lost prestige and respect. Maybe next time they won't try to take over the world on their own.

So for all you blu fan boys out there, know that we'll be laughing at you all everyday that hd dvd hangs around while you keep preaching that hd dvd is already a dead format.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-25-2007, 09:11 AM
StingerNLG's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,008
Default

Wow, this is what we needed. Another thread that could have been put into 3 dozen other threads on the forum.

Bravo.

And folks.......the word is LOSE. NOT LOOSE.

Sigh
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-25-2007, 09:12 AM
Rob71's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,829
Default

That's fine, I laugh at HD DVD every time the Neilsen's are released.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-25-2007, 09:17 AM
StingerNLG's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob71 View Post
That's fine, I laugh at HD DVD every time the Neilsen's are released.
That's ok, I laugh at people who think the Nielsen numbers really mean anything.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-25-2007, 09:28 AM
Rob71's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,829
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
That's ok, I laugh at people who think the Nielsen numbers really mean anything.
Well we know for a fact that they mean Blu-Ray outsells HD DVD 1.8-1. I wonder if your tune would change IF HD DVD ever takes a week. Then again, we both know the answer to that.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-25-2007, 09:30 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,643
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob71 View Post
Well we know for a fact that they mean Blu-Ray outsells HD DVD 1.8-1. I wonder if your tune would change IF HD DVD ever takes a week. Then again, we both know the answer to that.
A clue can be found in the fact that only BD fan boys like yourself are waiting for that win.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-25-2007, 09:47 AM
Rob71's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,829
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh Purple Avenger8or View Post
A clue can be found in the fact that only BD fan boys like yourself are waiting for that win.
Sorry, your projecting again. If you go back and re-read the thread it was one of your "brethren" who mentioned winning.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-25-2007, 10:03 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,310
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob71 View Post
Well we know for a fact that they mean Blu-Ray outsells HD DVD 1.8-1. I wonder if your tune would change IF HD DVD ever takes a week. Then again, we both know the answer to that.
800k HD-DVD players vs 2.8m BR Players.... 1.8-1 is a little too close for comfort, BR folks can put on a bravado that BR is superior but it's the greedy studios that are backing their corner, another reason they may be backing an unfinished format is the chance to RE-RELEASE existing titles with newer features, Fox and Disney loved to do this on DVD and I reckon we'll see Bluray fans seeing newer transfers of current movies due to firmware upgrades...

I Still think that ratio is a little too close despite the number of BR Players out there compared to HD-DVD players.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-25-2007, 10:24 AM
dBock's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 902
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob71 View Post
Well we know for a fact that they mean Blu-Ray outsells HD DVD 1.8-1. I wonder if your tune would change IF HD DVD ever takes a week. Then again, we both know the answer to that.
Such a small lead for vastly outselling in players (inc. PS3) but if they were to win a week, it would say something. Nielson does mean something, it means bd isnt doing as good as it thinks it is.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-25-2007, 10:31 AM
irrob's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,268
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian451 View Post
since after all, HD DVD never had a chance and has been a dead format from day 1.
You are wrong. No way a dead format from day one. HD DVD was first to market with a "complete spec" and cheaper prices! If you didn't know, HD DVD held the software sales lead. They simply got caught and lapped by Blu-ray.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I finally got around to hanging some of my guitars IceNine The Water Cooler 61 08-11-2011 07:30 PM
What goes around comes around: The bell tolls for thee, WB... Gargamel HD DVD Software General Discussion 27 08-30-2008 07:23 AM
The Unfinished Format Wins - Microsoft The Big Loser - Sony Wins On Two Fronts gijoela High Definition Smackdown 66 02-16-2008 04:36 PM
HD DVD Barely Hanging On AV_Integrated High Definition Smackdown 110 07-26-2007 02:16 AM
Real sales data - HD DVD wins 2006 but Blu-ray wins December dobyblue High Definition Smackdown 124 01-24-2007 02:04 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off