I have gone neutral.... - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-15-2007, 12:26 AM

Default I have gone neutral....

Yep, stopped by Best Buy to pick up some cheap speakers and saw a $300 blu-ray player with 5 movies attached for free and just had to do it. I have been a HD-DVD only guy for over a yeah now but I'm sick of only being able to watch some movies in HD.

Granted I have to update this thing and I hear there have been a few issues with this model but I'll give it a shot for $300.

Looks like price is becoming less of an issue now a days.
Old 12-15-2007, 12:29 AM

Enjoy it. Welcome to the land of the purple.
Old 12-15-2007, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blahaha View Post
Yep, stopped by Best Buy to pick up some cheap speakers and saw a $300 blu-ray player with 5 movies attached for free and just had to do it. I have been a HD-DVD only guy for over a yeah now but I'm sick of only being able to watch some movies in HD.

Granted I have to update this thing and I hear there have been a few issues with this model but I'll give it a shot for $300.

I'm in the same boat, I'll probably go neutral although I want HD DVD to win. Just waiting for the 2.0 finished Blu-Ray specs for me to make that jump, that's the main issue I see with Blu-Ray it's half finished and too expensive until that's been dealt with HD DVD is going to continue to own the market in SA sales. There's going to be a lot of pissed off people when they realize their old players won't play new movies in the future though that's for sure. BTW what speakers did you pick up, I just finished my home theatre system today with a new amp I bought for a crazy good deal at work(FutureShop). I'm broke but it feels so good to be done of something I've been building piece by piece for nearly 5 months.
Old 12-15-2007, 12:41 AM

purple is a good transition for hd-dvd fans who eventually will be in shock once hd-dvd is announced a commercial failure and they must go blu
Old 12-15-2007, 12:45 AM

Quote:

Although I respect your opinion I have to say that you have invested in non compatible (obsolete) BD player once the movies with advance features are release and you will be kicking yourself.
Old 12-15-2007, 12:47 AM

Quote:

Other than waiting it out (which is what I would encourage most people to do) purple is the way to go in this era of confusion. However I don't think I'd buy a 1.0 player.
Old 12-15-2007, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by casper77 View Post
Although I respect your opinion I have to say that you have invested in non compatible (obsolete) BD player once the movies with advance features are release and you will be kicking yourself.
Why wouldn't this player be updated?
Old 12-15-2007, 12:52 AM

Congratulations, and welcome to the land of neutrality.

Advanced features are important to some, but I personally think it's overrated and a crock of shit. You'll maybe play around with it a couple of times, and then say to yourself "gee, that's neat". I want to watch a movie, plain and simple.

Not sure how you could tell this person that his blu-ray player is "obsolete" when it will in fact still play the movie just fine. Perhaps you should change around your verbiage or be more specific in your rallying cry.
Old 12-15-2007, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scripture View Post
Congratulations, and welcome to the land of neutrality.

Advanced features are important to some, but I personally think it's overrated and a crock of shit. You'll maybe play around with it a couple of times, and then say to yourself "gee, that's neat". I want to watch a movie, plain and simple.

Not sure how you could tell this person that his blu-ray player is "obsolete" when it will in fact still play the movie just fine. Perhaps you should change around your verbiage or be more specific in your rallying cry.
Thank you for clearing that up, I don't care about the added features so as long as it will play a movie in HD I'm fine with it.

I have an HD-DVD player now and have never once even cared to mess with all that.
Old 12-15-2007, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Thank you for clearing that up, I don't care about the added features so as long as it will play a movie in HD I'm fine with it.

I have an HD-DVD player now and have never once even cared to mess with all that.
You'll be fine then. I don't usually spend a lot of time with the special features either (they were special when we had laserdisc, they just seem common now), but some people really love it. Enjoy the player!