Blu-ray Proponents Inventing Warner Rumors Making Warner Bros Angry? - High-Def Digest Forums
Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 10:16 PM

Arrow Blu-ray Proponents Inventing Warner Rumors Making Warner Bros Angry?

If I were the head of a studio like Warner Bros I'd be pretty upset that, yet again, a Blu-ray proponent has invented another rumor about Warner Bros. joining their side. I think this BDA "stalling tactic" could come back to bite them in the rear and be ticking off Warner Bros who may not have to only issue another press release but who are assuredly quite keen on what the BDA has been trying to do both in terms of consumer perception with HDM software sales and HDM in general. Warner Bros knows precisely what's going on. They see how well HD DVD players are selling, how competent the DVD Forum has been in standardizing the HD DVD format, and the benefits that HD DVD has over Blu-ray not only for consumers but for the studio itself.

Once a format has lost major studio support it has always ended up failing, and I believe that trend is not going to change any time soon.
Old 12-07-2007, 10:19 PM

If Warner is leaning going Blu-ray exclusive I'm sure they aren't too upset about another studio saying the rumor is they are joining us (or whatever lionsgate said).

If Warner is leaning HD DVD exclusive I'm sure they aren't very happy right now.
Old 12-07-2007, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightWatcher View Post
If I were the head of a studio like Warner Bros I'd be pretty upset that, yet again, a Blu-ray proponent has invented another rumor about Warner Bros. joining their side. I think this BDA "stalling tactic" could come back to bite them in the rear and be ticking off Warner Bros who may not have to only issue another press release but who are assuredly quite keen on what the BDA has been trying to do both in terms of consumer perception with HDM software sales and HDM in general. Warner Bros knows precisely what's going on. They see how well HD DVD players are selling, how competent the DVD Forum has been in standardizing the HD DVD format, and the benefits that HD DVD has over Blu-ray not only for consumers but for the studio itself.

Once a format has lost major studio support it has always ended up failing, and I believe that trend is not going to change any time soon.
This assumes that the rumor was invented and isnt true

I'm sure they do see how well HD-DVD players are selling. As I'm sure they also see how well Blu-ray players are selling. 750,000 vs 2.7 Million.....

As I'm sure they see how well Blu-ray movies are selling (Typically 2,3 times better than HD-DVD).
Old 12-07-2007, 10:24 PM

Quote:

As written on this website: For its part, Warner itself isn't talking, although widely reported comments made by Warner VP Dan Silverberg in late October appeared to back up reports that the studio is indeed considering dropping its format agnostic stance.

"When both formats launched and hardware prices were high, we made a decision to support both formats and let the consumer decide," said Silverberg. "But now that hardware pricing is affordable for both Blu-ray and HD DVD, it appears consumers no longer want to decide so the notion of staying in two formats for the duration is something we are re-evaluating now that we are in the fourth quarter."

When your VP publicly states the company is re-evaluating its neutral stance . . . how does that not suggest the possibility of going exclusively to one side? It's their own fault for encouraging these rumors!
Old 12-07-2007, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveS1138 View Post
I'm sure they do see how well HD-DVD players are selling. As I'm sure they also see how well Blu-ray players are selling. 750,000 vs 2.7 Million......
To be fair you should compare apples to apples...

Is 35,000 HD DVD standalone sales vs 21,000 Blu-ray standalone sales during the biggest shopping week of the year enough to convince Warner that HD DVD's lead in the standalone market overcomes the PS3?

Quote:

LOL, "inventing"

Totally

I love how all these red fanboys got their panties in a bunch today. To bad you aren't warner. I'm sure they appreciate your sympathy.
Old 12-07-2007, 10:27 PM

Please edit the title to read:

"HD-DVD fans angry about all the Blu-ray exclusive Warner Rumors"
Old 12-07-2007, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowl-o-rama View Post
Please edit the title to read:

"HD-DVD fans angry about all the Blu-ray exclusive Warner Rumors"
His whole post could be summed up with that sentence...........
Old 12-07-2007, 10:28 PM

all that can be said about the rumor right now is that it's a rumor, no one can say for 100% that Warner is pissed off that it got leaked nor can you say that it's made up... anything we say about the rumor above the fact that it's a rumor is speculation on our part... and TBH I'm tired of the HD-DVD "what if" scenarios...
Closed Thread