How soon before HDD follows what AVS did? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-30-2007, 03:09 PM

Default How soon before HDD follows what AVS did?

as in a revamp HDM posting rules...?

Look at the threads we have. Tons of new threads (yes including this one, and I apologize for that before it gets locked) has nothing to do with the section it's in. Every other remaining thread gets side tracked with FUD from both sides, but I'll admit mainly from new blu posters. It's like I'm reading BD.com's forums!! New posters chime in under new accounts predominantly PS3 owners. Don't get me wrong, I like mature and friendly debate but it has, in my eyes, already surpassed that and into kiddy posting. Trolling seems to be rampant now. And I only see it getting worse with time. I've seen many HD forums go from neutral to biased, some back to neutral while others even more heavily biased. C'mon folks... Let's grow up! This week alone I didn't even like reading this site, let alone posting. It's one thing to bring up logical ideas and theories as well as make assumptions based on fact. It's another when you troll and show obvious fanboyism resulting in 'pot call kettle' threads.

'Give up red fanboys, blu is the way because we sold X more than you, even though it is out of a <5% market and sold to 20% of gamers, we are superior'
'Ha! those statistics are BS, the BDA will bury blu with their tactics. Your sold disks were really given away free'
'Heres an ad/quote published by my format of choice. It should be followed as the allmighty truth and preached like religion'

It's like the gaming fanboyism of the 80s and 90s has taken steroids and morphed into next gen gaming and HDM fanboyism... Wake up children... Forums are for discussion. Sales are what count in this world we live in. Want to make the biggest impact for your favored format to succeed? "don't talk about it. be about it" and BUY movies in your selected format.

Old 11-30-2007, 03:12 PM

Wrong section. Should be in General Discussion.
Old 11-30-2007, 03:16 PM

I think the Smackdown forum should have never existed.

It should be General discussions, HD DVD area, Blu-ray area and that's it.
Old 11-30-2007, 03:17 PM

Smack down section is here because if it wasn't these same type of threads will be all over the forum.
Old 11-30-2007, 03:18 PM

I realise some may not like what I have to say, but it has to be said.

Just take a quick look at the threads created in the last 48hrs, and the posts within them, it's sad to say but many of them are from hardcore HD-DVD fans who took the Black Friday software sales figures so badly, they resorted to FUD and thread spoiling at every opportunity.

This thread is a great example:-

http://forums.highdefdigest.com/showthread.php?t=27817
Old 11-30-2007, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuco33 View Post
Every other remaining thread gets side tracked with FUD from both sides, but I'll admit mainly from new blu posters.
HAHA thats some good Irony right there.
Old 11-30-2007, 03:22 PM

Quote:
as in a revamp HDM posting rules...?
I don't think it's gotten nearly as ugly here (yet?).

That being said, I'd vote in favor of putting everyone who joined in November on probation. Nothing personal, guys, but too may trolling AVSers found their way over here.
Old 11-30-2007, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG1977 View Post
I realise some may not like what I have to say, but it has to be said.

Just take a quick look at the threads created in the last 48hrs, and the posts within them, it's sad to say but many of them are from hardcore HD-DVD fans who took the Black Friday software sales figures so badly, they resorted to FUD and thread spoiling at every opportunity.

This thread is a great example:-

http://forums.highdefdigest.com/showthread.php?t=27817
Partially agreed, but likewise the BD fans go on a rampage posting crap meanwhile HD DVD fans try to come up with excuses or reason why what happened, happened.

Let's face facts. There is no domination in HDM. Sales are small (but growing ever so slowly). Someone said it best, it's a snails race. Right now as it stands the PS3 is BD's bigger snail to HD DVD's Toshiba's smaller snail. But in the end, they are still snails and they have a mile to go.
Old 11-30-2007, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Let's face facts. There is no domination in HDM. Sales are small (but growing ever so slowly). Someone said it best, it's a snails race. Right now as it stands the PS3 is BD's bigger snail to HD DVD's Toshiba's smaller snail. But in the end, they are still snails and they have a mile to go.
So this means you'll be calling out fellow HDDVD supporters when they preach the end for Sony or BD right? Or mention any side is about to win or pass a hurdle enabling them to win soon for that matter.
Old 11-30-2007, 03:27 PM

Yes, this seems obvious. This place is starting to look like the trash bin of the website, trying to shove all of the idiocy into one place.