Is there even one single, reputable, non-biased source that has ever proclaimed... - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-28-2007, 03:33 PM

Default Is there even one single, reputable, non-biased source that has ever proclaimed...

that bluray demonstrates superior image or sound quality. IMO, unless you have spidey senses or something, it's impossible to tell the difference between 1080i or 1080p even if you do have a 1080p. it's even more ridiculous to me to hear someone say that you can see an improvement in picture quality with the increased bandwidth that bluray has with their 1080p players vs the hd 1080p players.

people at consumer reports don't apparently have these spidey senses. is there so media outlet that does and has written about it?

forget storage space, that will increase on both sides beyond what is ever needed....forget studio support because that can come and go...forget the number of manufacturers because doesn't make players any better or cheaper. seriously, why would anyone pay the extra money?
Old 11-28-2007, 03:40 PM

Consumer Reports who is completely unbiased and independent says they are both the same.
Old 11-28-2007, 04:02 PM

Probably not, but I bet there are thousands of unreputable and heavily biased folks on here that will.
Old 11-28-2007, 04:06 PM

If they were considered non-biased and reputable before they make such a proclamation, the smear campaign begins by the folks that don't like the results.
Old 11-28-2007, 04:08 PM

Wait....*grabs popcorn and sits down*

Ok! Let's go!
Old 11-28-2007, 04:13 PM
Banned

"the Blu-ray version is clearly sharper in all the scenes at the normal viewing distance which leads me to my conclusion that the bitrate advantage Blu-Ray has over HD-DVD is aparent between these two titles on larger screens."
http://www.hidefpreview.com/Natures%...20Blu-Ray.html

It's pretty rare that a title will have the same codec but different bitrates allowing for more breathing room to Blu-ray's higher specs. This is the only time I know of that it has happened.
Old 11-28-2007, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fettastic View Post
"the Blu-ray version is clearly sharper in all the scenes at the normal viewing distance which leads me to my conclusion that the bitrate advantage Blu-Ray has over HD-DVD is aparent between these two titles on larger screens."
http://www.hidefpreview.com/Natures%...20Blu-Ray.html

It's pretty rare that a title will have the same codec but different bitrates allowing for more breathing room to Blu-ray's higher specs. This is the only time I know of that it has happened.
He said unbiased. Don't you know who runs that site? beatboy, "UNI will drop HD in 2007".
Old 11-28-2007, 04:20 PM

I will remember this when my 110" TV comes in. The tooth fairy and the abominable snowman are delivering any day, and me and the rest of the rejects from the Shrek swamp are going to have a movie night in my 1500 square foot theater.

So, it's time for HD to die again. If you have a 106" or greater screen, and they use a higher bitrate for the video encode, you can see the difference. It's all over now HD lovers, it's all over. I mean, the blubois have been telling you this all along!
Old 11-28-2007, 04:21 PM

Also on that "review" they somehow got lossless audio out of the PS3 they were using to review the BD version... and the reviewer could clearly hear the difference between that and the HD DVD (HD-A2) version using his Bose Acoustimass 16 system.

Old 11-28-2007, 04:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob.D.inToronto View Post
He said unbiased. Don't you know who runs that site? beatboy, "UNI will drop HD in 2007".
Fricken' beatboy runs that site? No I did not know that. Consider that evidence retracted!