The ultimate PQ reference discs arrive and they're all exclusive to Blu-ray - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-06-2007, 12:59 PM
Banned

Thumbs up The ultimate PQ reference discs arrive and they're all exclusive to Blu-ray

Ratatouille, Pixar shorts and Cars - nothing before looks like this!

The bar for picture has just been set today and it is these three Blu-ray discs - I cannot believe how absolutely incredible each disc looks - absolutely flawless, not a single thing wrong, not one.

Go ahead and give it a go yourself and see what I mean - this is sheer perfection.

Buy Cars and Ratatouille on Amazon today and you'll notice a $10 promotion applied as well.

Pixar - welcome to the world of high definition, it has absolutely been worth the wait. I cannot wait for Finding Nemo, Toy Story, The Incredibles and Monsters Inc.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Guru View Post

The bar for picture has just been set today and it is these three Blu-ray discs - I cannot believe how absolutely incredible each disc looks - absolutely flawless, not a single thing wrong, not one.

Go ahead and give it a go yourself and see what I mean - this is sheer perfection.

Buy Cars and Ratatouille on Amazon today and you'll notice a $10 promotion applied as well.

Pixar - welcome to the world of high definition, it has absolutely been worth the wait. I cannot wait for Finding Nemo, Toy Story, The Incredibles and Monsters Inc.
Well to be completely honest Disney's Chicken Little was also "reference quality." So this isn't a first for Disney

Yancy
Old 11-06-2007, 01:03 PM

Quote:

I reserved Ratatouille at Hastings, I can't wait to pick this up!
Old 11-06-2007, 01:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gallandro View Post
Well to be completely honest Disney's Chicken Little was also "reference quality." So this isn't a first for Disney
Yancy
I have Chicken Little and let me tell you, these three Pixar discs are beyond Chicken Little. It is insane how perfect they are. They really do look and sound perfect.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:05 PM

Quote:
I have Chicken Little and let me tell you, these three Pixar discs are beyond Chicken Little. It is insane how perfect they are. They really do look and sound perfect.
Well I'll be picking them up this afternoon.

Yancy
Old 11-06-2007, 01:07 PM

you forgot about TMNT and happy feet, they been out for a while
Old 11-06-2007, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIHB View Post
Though they are great too, Disney just can't be beat at the moment in the PQ department. Blu, was firing on all cylinders when they got Disney on board. Amazing, just amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIHB View Post
There are plenty of BEAUTIFUL movies on BOTH formats i own all of the movies mentioned so far in the thread. ALL of them look GREAT. On another note...WRONG FORUM.

Being animated I wouldn't doubt they look great. I wonder how good Shrek 3 will look.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:11 PM

Quote:
The bar for picture has just been set today and it is these three Blu-ray discs.
I cant wait to watch these today but I cant really go with the whole The Bar for Picture has been set here. I think the Bar for Animated Features/CGI Pictures has been set, but I cant compare these movies with live action movies...for me theyre two different pictures and you cant really say that something that is computer animated is going to be fairly compared with something that is filmed through camera. Lets see if Shrek III can hold its ground against these giants.