So I bought into the A2 deal and.... - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-02-2007, 08:50 PM

Default So I bought into the A2 deal and....

Dear lord is this thing a piece. It has many features which are not nearly up to par with BD players... The load times are killing me, Gotta whip out the ol cat 5 cable, can't burn an update to disc. Like now it's trying to load Hot Fuzz and I can't even turn it off. Ugh.. I don't think I'm gonna return it, but my god... my PS3 blows this thing out of the water. BD's are to much more technologically advanced... in the hardware and software. I can see why this thing was only $98
Old 11-02-2007, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedMatt02 View Post
Dear lord is this thing a piece. It has many features which are not nearly up to par with BD players... The load times are killing me, Gotta whip out the ol cat 5 cable, can't burn an update to disc. Like now it's trying to load Hot Fuzz and I can't even turn it off. Ugh.. I don't think I'm gonna return it, but my god... my PS3 blows this thing out of the water. BD's are to much more technologically advanced... in the hardware and software. I can see why this thing was only $98

The only thing I don't like about my new A2 are the load times, the PS3 plain and simple blows it out of the water when it comes to boot up and loading of the movie. Other than that I can't say I have any other complaints. I just watched Transformers in HD and my god i was blown away...top quality...really
especially for 98 bucks
Old 11-02-2007, 08:55 PM

I recommend the firmware upgrade if you haven't already downloaded it.
Old 11-02-2007, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Gee. What an utterly damning assessment of the A2. This is not at all what I would have expected from a stolid PS3 supporter with 12 posts! The criticisms you have are entirely unique, indicative of the vast amount of time that you have spent getting to know your new HD DVD player. I will take this post at face value and cease to support HD DVD. Thank you for showing me the light!
Old 11-02-2007, 08:57 PM

Quote:
How bout comapring it to a standalone player then.
Of course you 500-600 PS 3DO is alot better, i mean the HD A2 was only 98 bucks.
Old 11-02-2007, 08:57 PM

I'm sure all those housewives buying it at WalMart will be right on top of that firmware upgrade..
Old 11-02-2007, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master X View Post
How bout comapring it to a standalone player then.
Of course you 500-600 PS 3DO is alot better, i mean the HD A2 was only 98 bucks.
seriously man calling the ps3 a ps 3do make you worse than the OP for posting a horrible review...
Old 11-02-2007, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Your experience will probably get better once you upgrade your firmware. But, I will say that the PS3 is a fantastic Blu-ray player, but it is also much more expensive then the A2.
Old 11-02-2007, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillysports8982 View Post
seriously man calling the ps3 a ps 3do make you worse than the OP for posting a horrible review...
Before you went purple, im sure you said used the term xbot or xbrick and serval other things......
Old 11-02-2007, 09:00 PM

Quote:
:cringe: I fully expect my PS3 to remain my primary movie player. It's really nice for BDs and DVDs