Kmart VP's denial - is the source verifiable? is the claim even true? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-02-2007, 07:44 PM

Question Kmart VP's denial - did he actually say that? is the claim even true?

Has Kmart VP actually made the denial or even said anything at all?

Here is the deal. It was one anonymous forum user who first made the claim that Kmart VP had issued a denial. It's one guy who called himself "Talkstr8t" in the AVS forum. It's one guy on the Internet who started the rumor that Sears VP yesterday had made the denial statement.

Now it's already evening today. I'm still not seeing the media or press picking up the "news" of that denial and reporting it. Not Reuters. Not AP. Not CNN. Not any reputable news source. I could find a valid news source that makes the report via Google, or Yahoo, or MSN.

Sears has a webpage that keep tracks of all their press releases and public statements, and that claim of Kmart VP's denial statement is still not showing up in the database.

So. Why does Hi-Def Digest trust some anonymous forum post from guy who called himself "Talkstr8t" on the Internet who made a claim about the Kmart VP had issued a denial statement when no news source reports it?

Why did Hi-Def Digest publish an unverifiable claim on front page? If people do an online search to find out who "published" the Kmart VP's statement first, they could immediately trace the rumor back to that the source -- and it's one anonymous guy in the AV forum. That's not a credible source.

So the claim remains UNVERIFIABLE.

Here's where the "Sears VP' denial" originated: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...9#post12088219

Last edited by The Round Peg; 11-02-2007 at 07:57 PM.
Old 11-02-2007, 07:46 PM

Jed??????????????
Old 11-02-2007, 07:50 PM

Hi-Def Digest might have published a statement on its front page that's... UNTRUE, because Kmart VP did not actually say that. You couldn't verify it beyond the post in AVS forum.

Now that's a lie.
Old 11-02-2007, 07:53 PM

This probably needs to go in the Feedback Forum...p_-
Old 11-02-2007, 07:54 PM

Seriously, what are you talking about? Maybe it would help to make reference to what you're actually posting about instead of skirting around the original topic for your entire post. (When I click your link, it says page not found...)

Also, Talkstr8t has been a Blu Ray insider over at AVS for some time now, and has broken a lot of good information,
Old 11-02-2007, 07:56 PM

Yeah, I'm taking off. But someone needs to go after this one.

Did Kmart VP actually talk to Hi-Def Digest directly and issued the denial statement to Hi-Def Digest directly?

Because that's the only way Hi-Def Digest could publish it and said it's true. Otherwise, that denial statement has to come from some other news source. But there's no other news source that reported it before Hi-Def Digest (or after.)
Old 11-02-2007, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackietreehorn View Post
Seriously, what are you talking about? Maybe it would help to make reference to what you're actually posting about instead of skirting around the original topic for your entire post. (When I click your link, it says page not found...)

Also, Talkstr8t has been a Blu Ray insider over at AVS for some time now, and has broken a lot of good information,
Link fixed.

It does not matter. He's still not a valid news source. Especially when it comes to a supposed public statement from Kmart VP, a statement that's making a serious accusation that another party made a false statement.

If Kmart VP has indeed issued a statement denying exclusivity, how come I'm not seeing it on any credible news source? (In fact, just ANY news source.)

There's something very fishy and very malicious going on here...

I sense a disturbance in the Force...
Old 11-02-2007, 08:08 PM

Yeah this up there with my irritation of when any medium claiming anything about any subject, then saying that their source wants to remain anonymous.
Old 11-02-2007, 08:08 PM

Fair enough, thanks for fixing the link.
Old 11-02-2007, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joebmed View Post
Yeah this up there with my irritation of when any medium claiming anything about any subject, then saying that their source wants to remain anonymous.
The problem is that the person who first reported and broke the "news" is anonymous. Some anonymous guy anonymously claimed that Kmart VP had made some statement to him.

And that "news" still has not shown up on any credible source like Reuters, AP, CNN, or whatever.