Just don't like them - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-02-2007, 02:41 PM

Default Just don't like them

All this hype over the Spider-Man series, POTC series, Die Hard series, and Ratatouille really blows my mind. I am being completely honest here in saying that I would not buy these titles if they were on HD-DVD. I personally don't think they are all that great. I realize that this is a personal opinion, but I just felt like saying something because I am so sick of seeing these crappy movies held in such high regard. This is not a hack on Blu-Ray supporters, but more a hack on the movies in question.
Old 11-02-2007, 02:43 PM

Have you seen Die Hard and Ratatouille, and do you like Transformers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by underworldjay View Post
All this hype over the Spider-Man series, POTC series, Die Hard series, and Ratatouille really blows my mind. I am being completely honest here in saying that I would not buy these titles if they were on HD-DVD. I personally don't think they are all that great. I realize that this is a personal opinion, but I just felt like saying something because I am so sick of seeing these crappy movies held in such high regard. This is not a hack on Blu-Ray supporters, but more a hack on the movies in question.
To each his own. I have no desire to see rock-em sock-em robots on a $200M budget.

Last time I checked, Ratatoullie was one of the best, if not the best, reviewed movies of the year.

Yes I've seen all those movies.
Old 11-02-2007, 02:45 PM

It happens with both things. Like i'm sure people didn't see what was the big deal about Transformers. I know i feel this way all the time when it comes to the PS3. I have the system and don't even play it because i dont like any of the games. The someone will say "What are you talking about" Rachet and Clank...and proceed to rattle off games that i have no interest in. With that said it doesn't mean they are bad, its just not what i'm into. It's a preference. POTC made a ton of money so obviously some people like it.
Old 11-02-2007, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by underworldjay View Post
Watched Spiderman 3 and I'm GLAD I didn't waste money in the theatre, buying or renting () it. It was 100% about the eye-candy and gave up trying to tell a compelling story. Pirates 3 was a HUGE letdown, I loved 1, 2 was a downhill slide that landed in the gutter in 3. I will not buy it when it's out even though I own the other two. Die Hard should be a good action movie, but it's more of the same old. I'll probably rent it first to see if it's worth buying. Rat, well, love Disney and all, but I have no motivation to see it. I'd probably like it if I saw it, but I have nothing that's motivating me to get it. Bourne I saw in theatres, and Transformers. Both were great and can't wait to get them.

But that's just me.