'Ratatouille' Director Brad Bird Finds Blu-ray Delectable - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-02-2007, 10:09 AM

Default 'Ratatouille' Director Brad Bird Finds Blu-ray Delectable

http://www.allthingshidef.com/ME2/di...3AC3337F3779ED

Just face it; anybody who has a real technical expertise is going to pick Blu-ray.
Old 11-02-2007, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by singular_wit View Post

Just face it; anybody who has a real technical expertise is going to pick Blu-ray.
Does the Rat Blu-ray use more than 30GB?

Does it use more than HD DVD's bandwidth?

If it does, it is one of the few movies that actually does.

If not, then there is absolutely no reason it wouldn't look exactly as amazing on HD DVD
Old 11-02-2007, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick240 View Post
Does the Rat Blu-ray use more than 30GB?

Does it use more than HD DVD's bandwidth?

If it does, it is one of the few movies that actually does.

If not, then there is absolutely no reason it wouldn't look exactly as amazing on HD DVD
Actually quite few movies that are Blu-ray only are taking advantage of the higher bitrate and storage capacity. Movies the are transferred to both have to be transferred to the lowest common denominator ( which is HD-DVD )
Old 11-02-2007, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Actually quite few movies that are Blu-ray only are taking advantage of the higher bitrate and storage capacity. Movies the are transferred to both have to be transferred to the lowest common denominator ( which is HD-DVD )
Now, by taking advantage of, do you just mean provided lossless PCM instead of an encoded lossless?

Can you list any of the movies that have truly used and needed it (this isn't a fanboy attack, but an honest question)?
Old 11-02-2007, 10:23 AM

Quote:

Yes and my real technical expertise tells me there isn't a difference. And for everyone who says who cares about extras on BD means that if they didn't put the extras on HD we'd have the same flipping movie. I would love for you to sit them side by side and go OOH! LOOK! See the difference? And actually be able to tell.
Old 11-02-2007, 10:25 AM

yes, lets root for the inferior format...........i dont understand HD early adopters. You want the best out there(HD) but you choose the crappier product.
Old 11-02-2007, 10:26 AM

"Rats, rats, nice dead rats for sale. Perfect for rat stew, rat soup, rat pie, and the ever-popular, ratatouille."
Old 11-02-2007, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dBock View Post
Yes and my real technical expertise tells me there isn't a difference. And for everyone who says who cares about extras on BD means that if they didn't put the extras on HD we'd have the same flipping movie. I would love for you to sit them side by side and go OOH! LOOK! See the difference? And actually be able to tell.
I know this might be difficult but Blu-ray has the greater potential due to its higher bitrate and storage capacity. It has more room to grow when new techniques and enhancements come in compression technology. We have NOT seen all that it can due yet because of this effed-up format war. Why would anyone continue to support HD-DVD; it has already reached its ceiling. Blu-ray has a lot more room to grow.
Old 11-02-2007, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick240 View Post
Now, by taking advantage of, do you just mean provided lossless PCM instead of an encoded lossless?

Can you list any of the movies that have truly used and needed it (this isn't a fanboy attack, but an honest question)?
A Clockwork Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Review from this site
(Note that both the film itself and the supplements are included on a single BD-50 disc for this Blu-ray edition of 'A Clockwork Orange,' while the HD DVD edition splits the film and the video supplements across two HD-30 discs. The content on both releases is identical.)
And the more the studios try to push the limits of what extras can provide to their audience, the more this kind of thing will occur.
Old 11-02-2007, 12:36 PM

Quote:
I know this might be difficult but Blu-ray has the greater potential due to its higher bitrate and storage capacity. It has more room to grow when new techniques and enhancements come in compression technology. We have NOT seen all that it can due yet because of this effed-up format war. Why would anyone continue to support HD-DVD; it has already reached its ceiling. Blu-ray has a lot more room to grow.
thats the dumbest comment i have read on this site. HD-DVD said that it plans to come out with 51 GB disc and it already has pip.
brad brid is right blu looks great so does serenity in HD polar express HD
it's HD its going to look great.

unless its the fifth element.