A2 "just a clearance sale" vs. 60gb PS3 "just a clearance sale" - High-Def Digest Forums
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-01-2007, 02:49 PM
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 3,714
Default A2 "just a clearance sale" vs. 60gb PS3 "just a clearance sale"

I love how blu boys defended the 60gb PS3 price drop, and blew up at anyone who argued it was a clearance sale.

But now it's the same thing flipped around, and blu boys are going off the deep ending saying "oh well its just a clearance sale"

Fanboys are sucky...and hypocrites.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-01-2007, 02:51 PM
chowdachad's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,122
Default

usually clearence sales on items are low prices to move the hardware fast the ps3 price drop didnt have that effect it took them over 3 months to finally twindle down to the end of the 60gb
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-01-2007, 02:52 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,268
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by balpho View Post
I love how blu boys defended the 60gb PS3 price drop, and blew up at anyone who argued it was a clearance sale.

But now it's the same thing flipped around, and blu boys are going off the deep ending saying "oh well its just a clearance sale"

Fanboys are sucky...and hypocrites.
And you're making an inappropriate and ultimately false analogy as part of your argument.

PS3's still cost $499 so clearly it was a permanent pricedrop; the 60gb and 80gb PS3's are very similar in terms of feature-set. The argument being made by xbots was that only the 60gb would be $499 and the 80gb would stay at $599, which turned out to be not true.

And for the fanboy comment, as Muhatma Ghandi said, "You should be the change you wish the world to be."

I know it may be difficult but think long and hard about that one.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-01-2007, 02:53 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 5,360
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chowdachad View Post
it took them over 3 months to finally twindle down to the end of the 60gb
With millions in the pipeline, it should take a while. HD DVD doesn't have millions if you added them all together.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-01-2007, 02:55 PM
spacejamz's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,119
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by balpho View Post
I love how blu boys defended the 60gb PS3 price drop, and blew up at anyone who argued it was a clearance sale.

But now it's the same thing flipped around, and blu boys are going off the deep ending saying "oh well its just a clearance sale"

Fanboys are sucky...and hypocrites.
does this sound familar??? how much money did the BDA lose on the BOGO sale??? at those prices, they lost money on those disks....
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-01-2007, 02:56 PM
kamiller42's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,499
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by balpho View Post
I love how blu boys defended the 60gb PS3 price drop, and blew up at anyone who argued it was a clearance sale.
There is a difference between keeping perspective and defending. Look it up.

There is a big difference between dropping a product's price that remained steady for almost a year by only $100 vs. dropping a player to $200 only to be followed a few days later by a price drop to $98.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-01-2007, 02:57 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 257
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chowdachad View Post
usually clearence sales on items are low prices to move the hardware fast the ps3 price drop didnt have that effect it took them over 3 months to finally twindle down to the end of the 60gb
Primarily, because at the clearance price, still no one wanted the PS(hit)3
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-01-2007, 02:58 PM
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 3,714
Default

Well if the 60gb clearance sale (which is was, the markdown of a discontinued model) is more "OK" because the 80gb model then took the same price point later on, then it would stand the reason that the A2 "clearance sale" is fine as well if after the holidays n the A2's run out, the A3's take over their price point.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-01-2007, 02:58 PM
kamiller42's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,499
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacejamz View Post
does this sound familar??? how much money did the BDA lose on the BOGO sale??? at those prices, they lost money on those disks....
How much does it cost to produce a disc and put it on the shelf?

The dramatic markdowns of these players means either a) Toshiba was really screwing HD DVD buyers with extremely high markups. b) Someone is taking a loss on these things. Which would you like to pick?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-01-2007, 02:58 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,704
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by balpho View Post
I love how blu boys defended the 60gb PS3 price drop, and blew up at anyone who argued it was a clearance sale.

But now it's the same thing flipped around, and blu boys are going off the deep ending saying "oh well its just a clearance sale"

Fanboys are sucky...and hypocrites.
Good point. PS3 was being sold at a $300 loss and has had to have Two $100 price cuts in the last few months alone.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For sale: PS3 "Original" 60GB jcc Video Game Exchange 0 09-28-2010 10:05 PM
Just picked up a 60gb PS3. First impressions... Tree Dude Game Room 19 05-03-2010 09:33 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off