How to end the War? Rent HD DVD only! - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-30-2007, 11:21 PM

Default How to end the War? Rent HD DVD only!

I am not trying to piss anyone off by posting this, but Im sure it will anyways.

Lets be honest with ourselves. There are 2 possible outcomes of this war.

1) Both formats survive, and could fade into the background and become a niche market.

2) Blu-Ray wins outright

With Fox, Sony and Disney definitely not crossing over, and the fact that no CE companies will touch HD because of Toshibas prices, I think HD DVD has no chance of actually winning the format war. They could survive as the 2nd format, but that is a bad scenario for anyone interested in HDM.

This is why I buy Blu-Ray and I only rent HD-DVD, and I think all neatral owners should start to do the same... Who is with me?
Old 10-30-2007, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinstraka8282 View Post
Who is with me?
Jerry? Jerry Maguire? Is that you?
Old 10-30-2007, 11:35 PM

Amen. I think going purple only prolongs this war. Rent and rent and rent then wait for the exclusives to hit the bargain bin next winter when HD-DVD loses all it's exclusivity.
Old 10-30-2007, 11:38 PM
formerly Blu Christmas

You are hardcore Martin.

I also have expressed my opinion that neutral owners only help stagnate the adoption of one format. Your strategy certainly finds the happy medium.
Old 10-30-2007, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu Christmas View Post
You are hardcore Martin.
Please.. call him Jerry.. I felt Like Cuba Gooding reading his soliloquy there for a moment.

sorry.. i feel like taking the piss tonight..
Old 10-30-2007, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoBro828 View Post
Jerry? Jerry Maguire? Is that you?
lmao, too funny. But, that's what I've started doing, renting Hd dvd from ne****x and buy my Blu discs.....
Old 10-30-2007, 11:48 PM

Once again, I'm baffled at the "We win or nobody wins" line of thought.
Old 10-30-2007, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imdaly View Post
Once again, I'm baffled at the "We win or nobody wins" line of thought.
That's always been the Blu-ray battle cry.
Old 10-31-2007, 12:00 AM

I think the rental only for hd dvd is a good start. but I think eventually hddvders may have to face facts, stop lying to themselves and others, and possibly eat their players in one last tantrum. remember to chew 32 times before swallowing, cheap players and discs are hard to digest

for those hddvders who picked hd for the few good reasons, I think they've now realized that bd has caught up and surpassed hd in the 2 areas that hd had on bd. or they've realized how little they actually matter.
1: gimmicky special features
2: internet connectivity

at this point its come down to blus, purple, and children red in the face kicking and screaming in the grocery store for attention
Old 10-31-2007, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinstraka8282 View Post
I am not trying to piss anyone off by posting this, but Im sure it will anyways.

Lets be honest with ourselves. There are 2 possible outcomes of this war.

1) Both formats survive, and could fade into the background and become a niche market.

2) Blu-Ray wins outright

With Fox, Sony and Disney definitely not crossing over, and the fact that no CE companies will touch HD because of Toshibas prices, I think HD DVD has no chance of actually winning the format war. They could survive as the 2nd format, but that is a bad scenario for anyone interested in HDM.

This is why I buy Blu-Ray and I only rent HD-DVD, and I think all neatral owners should start to do the same... Who is with me?
I'm renting Blu-Ray and only buying HD DVD. Sorry.