Who is the most disappointing high definition studio so far? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-27-2007, 05:17 PM

Default Who is the most disappointing high definition studio so far?

For me it's Warner Home Video by far! With great catalog titles & a strong slate of new releases they are the cream of the crop in home entertainment! But the percentage of titles released w/o lossless audio alone makes them the most disappointing high definition studio so far. Not to mention the titles that still have not been released on Blu-ray yet. And IME is a lame excuse (300 being a prime example & Terminator 3 being another for those who want IME). I along with many don't have the time or the interest to watch IME. The average consumer does not want to watch IME or web enabled features. But I can wait, (I have waited this long already) as long as all the video is in 1080 high definition & the movie audio is lossless. I chose Blu-ray because of WHV, WDHV, 20CFHE, SPHE, Spielberg Dreamworks movies , & The Playstation 3 (Multi-media device). I love WHV (they imo have the best movies) but release all high definition movies w/lossless audio.
Old 10-27-2007, 05:21 PM

IME is awesome, lossless is not an issue, and the movies they have relesaed in picture quality is top notch whats your problem? Sony with garbage like fifth element is pretty sad
Old 10-27-2007, 05:21 PM

For me, it's a 3 way tie between Weinstein, New Line and Fox.

Weinstein for being invisible on either format since early this year.
New Line for being so late in the game and holding out on the "Holy grail" of HD.
Fox for being so pricey on their catalog titles.
Old 10-27-2007, 05:27 PM

Then every studio for being to pricey, no offence but 39 bucks for a new movie is a crock and if i was a movie addict theres no way id pay it mid to low 20's is perfect
Old 10-27-2007, 05:32 PM

In order of worst-to-best:

Fox/MGM
Lionsgate
Universal
Paramount/Dreamworks
Warner
Sony
Disney
Old 10-27-2007, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chowdachad View Post
IME is awesome, lossless is not an issue, and the movies they have relesaed in picture quality is top notch whats your problem? Sony with garbage like fifth element is pretty sad
Lossless not an issue? I bought I high definition media! I want high definition audio! It's not only about picture quality! And Disney has a better track record of video quality! At least SPHE knows when they release crap and does a reissue! IME however AWESOME it might be is useless to the average consumer!
Old 10-27-2007, 05:38 PM

yea disneys bad cropping on pirates is Wonderful! Yea usueless to the average consumer you mean like lossless! And high def media i want high def interaction yea ime!
Old 10-27-2007, 05:45 PM

Fox - great back catalog but they are a) stupid enough to support playstation discs exclusively! and b) even then do so in a real half-arsed fashion.
Old 10-27-2007, 05:46 PM

FOX
New Line
MGM
Weinstein

The reasons are several.... either sloooooow releases, releases lacking features, shoddy transfers, or just simply not releasing anything.

Old 10-27-2007, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Banana View Post

Fox/MGM
Lionsgate
Universal
Paramount/Dreamworks
Warner
Sony
Disney
OMG - I'm almost in complete agreement with the Kid on this one.

Only I would insert some missing studios and bump Warner ahead of Sony -
Fox/MGM
Lionsgate
Weinstein/Dimension
Magnolia
Universal
Paramount/Dreamworks
Sony
Warner
Disney

Last edited by Cochise; 10-27-2007 at 06:21 PM.