The Jerk from Universal? WTF. Iím getting frustrated already with Universal Studios. - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-23-2007, 11:48 AM

Angry The Jerk from Universal? WTF. Iím getting frustrated already with Universal Studios.

Universal is going to release the Jerk and the Game. WTF is this. If Universal itís going to jump in the BD camp, well they just need to do it and stop announcing garbage. They have more titles that need to be release first.
(The Jerk?) WTF. I donít know, I think itís just me. Do you think I need to be more patient? I think Universal need to do something about this. We need more Action movies, Thrillers, Horror movies, Sci-fi in HD DVD. Take a look at BD they almost have every movie hit out; I donít care if the transfer is bad or good or if MPEG-2 or whatever is, they have variety of titles in the store. Iím getting very impatient with this. So what should I do? Buy an LG (P%@* S! ^*# Hybrid so I can watch both formats, I think I have a better idea, I should get a PS3 instead and buy a lot of BD Movies. Stupid Studio)

Last edited by nelll; 01-23-2007 at 12:00 PM.
Old 01-23-2007, 11:56 AM

I think Universal is waiting until later this year when their are a few more and cheaper players.

It is very unlikely that any software release will spur hardware sales like a good video game can do. Maybe a little bit but not enough to make them want to blow their load.

HD DVD already has a great library of titles. Mainstream acceptance won't happen for either side until players come down in price and I believe that is where HD DVD's real advantage lies.
Old 01-23-2007, 11:57 AM

Leave the darkside. I know there is good still in you. Thus Blu-ray is your answer.
Old 01-23-2007, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelll View Post
Universal is going to release the Jerk and the Game. WTF is this. If Universal itís going to jump in the BD camp, well they just need to do it and stop announcing garbage. They have more titles that need to be release first.
(The Jerk?) WTF. I donít know, I think itís just me. Do you think I need to be more patient? I think Universal need to do something about this. We need more Action movies, Thrillers, Horror movies, Sci-fi in HD DVD. Take a look at BD they almost have every movie hit out; I donít care if the transfer is bad or good or if is MPEG-2 or whatever , they have variety of titles in the store. Iím getting very impatient with this and I donít what to buy a BD player period. So what I need to do? commit suicide. )

BTW .. "The Game" is an EXCELLENT movie. Definetly a must see if you like Thrillers.
Old 01-23-2007, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marzetta7 View Post
Leave the darkside. I know there is good still in you. Thus Blu-ray is your answer.
Yeah, then he can enjoy such excellent titles like xXx, Ultraviolet, RV, The Omen, The Covenant... and the list goes on.

Old 01-23-2007, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feyd View Post
Yeah, then he can enjoy such excellent titles like xXx, Ultraviolet, RV, The Omen, The Covenant... and the list goes on.

There are good titles available for both formats. No need to argue this point.
Old 01-23-2007, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marzetta7 View Post
As soon as their price is reasonable (which it's not) I will. Same goes for HD DVD. They are more reasonable, but still too expensive. We are simply too impatient and "gotta have it now" society. No doubt I'll enjoy BR or HD DVD or both in the future, but for now I'll be happy paying less for DVD's from the bargain bin at Walmart.
Old 01-23-2007, 12:06 PM

Universals announcements as of late, or lack thereof, makes me feel bad for you guys...

You guys shouldn't be petetioning FOX for support, write a letter to Universal.

Last edited by Kenshiro; 01-23-2007 at 12:16 PM.
Old 01-23-2007, 12:12 PM

In fact, the only people that I see acceptable as taking one side or another are 3 basic types...

1. A/V guru's with the latest and greatest who MIGHT be able to tell the difference between movies with the thousands they spent on their setup

2. Fanboys (covers 95% here whether you want to admit it or not)

3. The Bittersweet: Someone here has has one too many crashes in every Windows version ever released and hates MS. Someone else here hates the fact that Sony treats it's customers like idiots and loads rootkits (aka viruses) on their computers. So this person takes the other side simply because they hate one side more.

Between the three types listed above, this should cover pretty much everyone here except...the other group which takes neither side is almost everyone. They care about PRICE and a SENSIBLE purchase. These are people who won't go out and spend an extra $100 on one player then $3 more on a movie just to hear some bird off in the distance chirping more clearly.
Old 01-23-2007, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenshiro View Post
Universals announcements as of late, or late thereof, makes me feel bad for you guys...

You guys shouldn't be petetioning FOX for support, write a letter to Universal.
Save your pity. You're the guy with the Xbox 360 who's too pigheaded to go to Circuit City and get a HD DVD drive for $159 to go format neutral. Either way HD is going to cost me $500 and that's a larger jump than 160 bucks. No ...I pity you because you're so caught up in Blu-ray BS to see this.