Why I love HDM - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-21-2007, 02:19 AM

Default Why I love HDM

As a neural I think the main reason HDM must survive is that i hate gowning to theaters. Tonight i gave in and went to GONE BABY GONE at the theater. WTF did people forget how to eat there popcorn silently. Jesus christ did you need to discuss the plot behind me you 3 middle age cunts. I love high def media cause i can relax in my house and enjoy a movie the same quality as if I watched in a theater. Long live HDDVD and BLURAY
Old 10-21-2007, 03:41 AM

No kidding, not to mention teenage antics, babies crying, cell phones ringing (AND people talking on them!?). Also, the $6 popcorn that's $1 a pound at the store, with the $5 sodas and $4 candy.

Plus, the PQ/AQ of anything HD is better than the theaters I go do unless they have a HD projector. Usually the 35mm is out of focus, worn out, not properly angled to the screen. I figure I'm saving the money I would spend going to the theater to see this flicks, even if I buy the disc at $20. Then, I can watch it whenever I want and as many times as I want. I can pause it to use the bathroom or get food, or do things with a lady.

Not really many reasons to go to the theater except if you need to see the movie NOW, before it's released on media.
Old 10-21-2007, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malwa View Post
Jesus christ did you need to discuss the plot behind me you 3 middle age cunts.
Anyone can be a "cunt" as you put it; age has nothing to with it. Certainly, in my experience, it is more often under 25's that are far and away the rudest and spoil others enjoyment in cinemas.
Old 10-21-2007, 09:05 AM

The only time I go to the theater is to take my grandkids (really I'm not that old) to the new animated movies. I want them to experiance the same magic of going to the theater that I did as a kid.
Old 10-21-2007, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Borvio View Post
No kidding, not to mention teenage antics, babies crying, cell phones ringing (AND people talking on them!?). Also, the $6 popcorn that's $1 a pound at the store, with the $5 sodas and $4 candy.
I had one instance of this with my gf. A little anecdotal comedy relief for you guys. I was watching The Simpsons Movie and there were 3 guys infront of us, probably around 16 years old (im 21). I hear one of their cell phones ringing and the guy acctually picks it up!!! so i leaned over..and just took it while he was talking..hung it up and put it in my pocket. All three got up and i just sat there and said "That is the rudest thing i have ever seen in my life. You will get it back from me when the movies done now sit down and shut up" By this time my gf is like o god hes gunna get in a fight over this. Then all of a sudden another guy behind me leans over and says " sit the fuck down you little pricks!" and i was like wow. So they sat down we enjoyed the rest of the movie and i gave him his phone back and told him to just turn it off durring a movie and he wont even have the urge to answer it.