Just bought into HD DVD, big mistake? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-19-2007, 05:11 PM

Default Just bought into HD DVD, big mistake?

Yep, that's right I'm neutral now. Wow what a great feeling. I feel so liberated. I just couldn't take it anymore, I just had to get me an HD DVD deck.

Then I started looking online I noticed that most HD DVD discs don't even have lossless audio on them WTF is up with that?

Also, Transformers keeps freezing up and glitching out on me. Has anyone boiled this one yet? Will that fix it? If so, is there a website that gives instructions on how to boil the discs.

Anyway, pretty disappointed right now. Hopefully I didn't make a huge mistake. Hope it gets better.
Old 10-19-2007, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30GB IS ENUF View Post
Then I started looking online I noticed that most HD DVD discs don't even have lossless audio on them WTF is up with that?
Sounds like you bought something without researching what you were buying--that's never a good idea!
Old 10-19-2007, 05:15 PM

i.ve yer to have a problem with a disc combo or not
Old 10-19-2007, 05:17 PM

what player did you buy? did you upgrade the f/w?

Thats just transformers...you can find out more about that in the HDDVD Discussion Forum..
you didnt make a mistake.
go idulge yourself with the CC deal buy one, get one free.
I reccommend Hot Fuzz..(A must buy), Heroes S1, The Bourne Series, and Smokin Aces.
If you do get Heroes get Matrix as well since you want to get something free of value.

Quote:
Yep, that's right I'm neutral now. Wow what a great feeling. I feel so liberated. I just couldn't take it anymore, I just had to get me an HD DVD deck.

Also, Transformers keeps freezing up and glitching out on me. Has anyone boiled this one yet? Will that fix it? If so, is there a website that gives instructions on how to boil the discs.

Anyway, pretty disappointed right now. Hopefully I didn't make a huge mistake. Hope it gets better.
Sorry, but lossless HD DVD titles are hard to come by. It does seem to be improving though (Universal and Warner at least).

Which HD DVD player did you buy? There have been a lot of issues with Transformers on the add-on:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=923790

Make sure you have the latest firmware.

Quote:

I haven't had any issues with transformer, have updated the firmware? Also as for the lossles audio, TrueHD by industry professional has no noticeably difference than lossless. And unless you have a receiver with hdmi you're not going to get the full benefit of either.
Old 10-19-2007, 05:19 PM

It will get better

Did you allow the DL to finish before you started the movie?
Old 10-19-2007, 05:20 PM

Quote:

First, go wear a hairshirt as an act of penance.

Second...

HD DVD Audio:
Lossless 17.43 %
LPCM 0.92 %
DTS-HD:MA 0.31 %
TrueHD 16.51 %
DTS-HD 1.53 %
DD+ 89.91 %
DTS 6.73 %
Source
Old 10-19-2007, 05:21 PM

This week's NPD numbers for Disc Sales = Blu Domination @ 71% purchase rate

'Silver Surfer' took the top spot for Blu-ray. 'Evan Almighty' for HD DVD. The Blu-ray version of Surfer outsold the HD DVD version of Evan by a factor of 100:45.62 (more than 2 to 1). Blu-ray had 8 of the top 10 sellers for the week.