Will the PS3 get Profile 1.1/2.0 compatibility by T3 release date? - High-Def Digest Forums
View Poll Results: Will the PS3 be 1.1/2.0 compatible by December 4th (T3 release)
Yes, it will support either profile 1.1 or 2.0 via firmware update 66 82.50%
No, Sony won't be able to release the update on time 14 17.50%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-16-2007, 09:09 AM
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,247
Default Will the PS3 get Profile 1.1/2.0 compatibility by T3 release date?

The poll is simple enough, if you think the PS3 will support Blu-ray profile 1.1 or 2.0 by the time T3 is released on Blu-ray (Dec 4, 2007) vote for it.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-16-2007, 09:21 AM
Pimboli's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,284
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by corduroygt View Post
The poll is simple enough, if you think the PS3 will support Blu-ray profile 1.1 or 2.0 by the time T3 is released on Blu-ray (Dec 4, 2007) vote for it.
In fairness T3 isnt going to sell big numbers the question should be will it be released in time for Cars which seems to be the big 1.1 title, if they ever settle on a date to release it.

Besides isnt there an update coming up that Sony said would increase interactive functionality? That to me is 1.1 unless they are being vague just in case the update bricks the machines.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-16-2007, 09:32 AM
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,247
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimboli View Post
In fairness T3 isnt going to sell big numbers the question should be will it be released in time for Cars which seems to be the big 1.1 title, if they ever settle on a date to release it.

Besides isnt there an update coming up that Sony said would increase interactive functionality? That to me is 1.1 unless they are being vague just in case the update bricks the machines.
Well, I think we both know why I made this poll, so I can make the ones who vote no, knowing that some of them are too chickenshit to bet money on their format, at least eat crow.

Last edited by corduroygt; 10-16-2007 at 10:23 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-16-2007, 09:52 AM
Solstice X's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,999
Default

The PS3 is capable of doing all the fun 1.1 stuff and even the 2.0 profile. So to me it would be a no brainer.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-16-2007, 10:41 AM
Pimboli's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,284
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by corduroygt View Post
Well, I think we both know why I made this poll, so I can make the ones who vote no, knowing that some of them are too chickenshit to bet money on their format, at least eat crow.
Well as a purple I have always leaned read due to the interactivity of the format but if I see the 1.1 matching or beating it for functionality (except those crappy games) I will lean the other way.

I hope 1.1 gets rid of all the crappy clicking, banging, shooting noises that Blu Ray studions seem to insist on putting on all their bloody menus, it does my head in! (I know it wont I just felt the need to rant)
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-16-2007, 11:31 AM
93xfan's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,303
Default

absolutely! it should be done way ahead of time.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-16-2007, 12:29 PM
Beta-guy's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,279
Default

I voted yes, I'd be surprise if Sony just thought to themselves "wait a minute what if the PS3 could do Profile 1.1 and/or 2.0" Sony has done an excellent job on the PS3, and the absolute latest (this information is considered inaccurate) was 1 yead to the day of the launch of the PS3 but I heard more recently that it'll be done in OCT (atleast that's the rumours)
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-16-2007, 12:52 PM
vooswing's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,772
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by corduroygt View Post
Well, I think we both know why I made this poll, so I can make the ones who vote no, knowing that some of them are too chickenshit to bet money on their format, at least eat crow.
I don't understand this comment... I voted no and I own a PS3.

I'm very optimistic that we will get both 1.1 and 2.0 updates but I'm just not convinced we will see them in the next 2 months. If we do get them by Dec I will be thrilled, if that means I have to eat crow because my opinion was wrong on a forum I can live with that.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-16-2007, 01:19 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,994
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vooswing View Post
I don't understand this comment... I voted no and I own a PS3.

I'm very optimistic that we will get both 1.1 and 2.0 updates but I'm just not convinced we will see them in the next 2 months. If we do get them by Dec I will be thrilled, if that means I have to eat crow because my opinion was wrong on a forum I can live with that.

I'm not sure why people think it won't come. There's going to be a massive firmware update in the next month or so for the PS3...firmware 2.0. Execs have stated a firmware update is coming that will increaser interactivity for the PS3 and BD. And they're releasing titles...high profile ones at that...that need this to work.

I just don't even see why people think it won't come. I'd even say it'll be here at the latest...by the first couple days of November.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-16-2007, 01:21 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,381
Default

Of course it will have 1.1 compatibility, thinking otherwise simplly means you hate Sony.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Click on my profile and get another user's profile -zombie- Feedback 56 09-08-2011 11:16 PM
Blu-Ray Profile vs. HD-DVD Profile Debate Thread Forge High Definition Smackdown 8 08-25-2008 02:30 PM
profile 1.0 to profile 1.1 fredreed General Discussion: Both Formats 5 04-03-2008 08:14 AM
PS3 as BD player - How important is PS2 compatibility to PS3 buyers? HD NOW High Definition Smackdown 15 11-04-2007 06:49 AM
Profile 1.0 BD players not obsolete - all profile 1.1 PIP content viewable separately HD Guru High Definition Smackdown 18 11-02-2007 12:51 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off