too funny! "blu-rays sad fanboys" - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-15-2007, 07:34 PM

Default too funny! "blu-rays sad fanboys"

http://www.tvpredictions.com/2007/10...d-fanboys.html
Old 10-15-2007, 07:37 PM

Boy that's 45 seconds i wish i could have back. Obviously he must have had that whip around his neck a bit too tight before he wrote that.

Wow. The author of this sounds like a sore loser to me. If this was a Universal/Paramount HD DVD Buy1 Get1 Free sale would he feel the same way? I think not..

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossman72 View Post
"Blu-Ray forums where some seem to be in orgasmic ecstasy"

He's dead on with that comment. Lol.

It's a little disturbing when all blu fanboys converge in the same thread. Pretty much a ton of blind fanboys all rolling around in their own stink. Such disturbing glee they take in somehow turning simple events into MAJOR HUGE THROW A PARTY victories.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:40 PM

Pretty funny... and sadly accurate. Just look at the threads in our own Sales Subforum for living proof.

That was a very sad post, I almost wept. Oh, and then I remembered, we're getting decent prices now, so that must be good, so I cheered up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by messin18 View Post
It's a little disturbing when all blu fanboys converge in the same thread. Pretty much a ton of blind fanboys all rolling around in their own stink. Such disturbing glee they take in somehow turning simple events into MAJOR HUGE THROW A PARTY victories.
The only thing I find more disturbing that the Blu-Ray celebration threads at Blu-Ray.com are the blog posts started by the opposing side who are clearly jealous of them. Again if HD DVD had a similar sale you would see the same types of threads and comments at AVS.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:49 PM

Transformers easily a better film than the BDA Blockbuster this year. The only reason BDA are dong this deal is to hide the fact that HD DVD is live and kicking.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ack_bak View Post
The only thing I find more disturbing that the Blu-Ray celebration threads at Blu-Ray.com are the blog posts started by the opposing side who are clearly jealous of them. Again if HD DVD had a similar sale you would see the same types of threads and comments at AVS.
Seriously, fanbois should stop hating. HD-DED has transformers, BD has bogo this week. The rest is up to our wallets to decide. If hd wins, then it's a major victory. If BD wins, it's not that big a deal since it(dare I say "we"?) has been winning all year long.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:51 PM

Default I disagree

I completely disagree, with the statement that there is no "we" Blu-Ray owners like HD DVD owners just want to protect their investments, and want the opportunity to watch all movies in hidef, not just the ones the big business studios say "we" can watch. It is a blu-ray owners thinking that if we buy more BDs, this is telling the studios, that we want you to produce more Blu ray movies. In the week that the most controversial hidef movie yet, is being released ( because of the whole Paramount thing), blu ray owners want to say something. The only way to say something to a large business is to buy their product. We want to tell Paramount that we want Transformers on Blu ray, so this is what we do.

It is long the role of the consumer to choose which products they want. When the 2005 mustang was redesigned to look more like a classic, lots of people bought it. This made GM, and other companies start to bring back the more classical looking car. It's the same analogy with purchasing blu rays. We're trying to tell Paramount, and Universal to give us Blu ray.

Yes. Many people are getting emotional about it, and getting worked up, and taking it to far maybe. But the concept of the consumer making purchases to persuade the future of a product is very evident, and if you can't see that you are very ignorant.