Sorry Guys...I'm Sticking with Hd dvd - High-Def Digest Forums
Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 09:03 PM

Default Sorry Guys...I'm Sticking with Hd dvd

After realizing that disney and fox weren't going neutral, I had decided to purchase a Blu-ray player for Spider-man trilogy upon its release. After further thinking, I can no longer justify spending another $500-600+ (after its all said and done) on a Blu-ray player, cables, and at least Spider-man. Also with the uncertainity in the HD format war I no longer want to take a chance on another format.

I chose Hd dvd mainly because I bought a 360. I'm a gamer at heart, and bought the 360 due to the fact it has actual good games on it, I didn't buy it for Hd dvd, but since I already had a 360 why not buy the add-on and be Hd dvd.

So I will be buying the SD version of Spider-man 3, and let my 360 upconvert it.

This is in no way a permanent decision, in fact if Blu-ray does somehow win, I will purchase one, but with so much uncertainity I can't justify this purchase now, its just to expensive for a non-complete format. Also with my preference for Hd dvd, I want to send a clear message and support one format in hopes of ending this format war..sooner than later.
Old 10-14-2007, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chowdachad View Post
After realizing that disney and fox weren't going neutral, I had decided to purchase a Blu-ray player for Spider-man trilogy upon its release. After further thinking, I can no longer justify spending another $500-600+ (after its all said and done) on a Blu-ray player, cables, and at least Spider-man. Also with the uncertainity in the HD format war I no longer want to take a chance on another format.

I chose Hd dvd mainly because I bought a 360. I'm a gamer at heart, and bought the 360 due to the fact it has actual good games on it, I didn't buy it for Hd dvd, but since I already had a 360 why not buy the add-on and be Hd dvd.

So I will be buying the SD version of Spider-man 3, and let my 360 upconvert it.

This is in no way a permanent decision, in fact if Blu-ray does somehow win, I will purchase one, but with so much uncertainity I can't justify this purchase now, its just to expensive for a non-complete format. Also with my preference for Hd dvd, I want to send a clear message and support one format in hopes of ending this format war..sooner than later.
If you have to spend $500-$600 you CLEARLY havent done your research, because there is the $400 PS3 (and some players already at that price) coming in a few weeks and you will get 5 free blurays with that and there are some pretty nice selections, too. You can also get an HDMI cable from monoprice.com for about $20 tops.
Old 10-14-2007, 09:11 PM
Banned

Good choice, blu ray wouldn't even stand a chance without a game console to keep them alive. To bad gamers have to suffer with no games to play on it.........................
Old 10-14-2007, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merrick97 View Post
If you have to spend $500-$600 you CLEARLY havent done your research, because there is the $400 PS3 (and some players already at that price) coming in a few weeks and you will get 5 free blurays with that and there are some pretty nice selections, too. You can also get an HDMI cable from monoprice.com for about $20 tops.
You notice i also put with spidy trilogy
Old 10-14-2007, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chowdachad View Post
You notice i also put with spidy trilogy
Actually you just said Spiderman 3, which does come free with the PS3.
Old 10-14-2007, 09:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigshynepo View Post
That's a bullsh!t statement and this is a bullsh!t thread.

OP, Have some originality.

Oh, and didn't you get the memo, Blu-Ray already won, we're just waiting for HD-DVD to die.
OK smart guy, You show me how bd would be in the position they are in now without the ps3. Spin away.................
Old 10-14-2007, 09:21 PM

I got my blu-ray player as an open box item for just a little over $200.

Doug
Old 10-14-2007, 09:21 PM

Yeah im thinking about staying with HD DVD also.
There are a few blu rays i do want but these fanboys really piss me off and i refuse to add to there ego
Old 10-14-2007, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master X View Post
Yeah im thinking about staying with HD DVD also.
There are a few blu rays i do want but these fanboys really piss me off and i refuse to add to there ego
I understand that feeling, but ultimately I just want to watch the movies.

Doug
Old 10-14-2007, 09:23 PM
Banned

Sharp = $399
Spider = $68
Cable = $5

you are an awful shopper if you're spending $600 on what I can get for $472

you could also get a refurb samsung for $180
Closed Thread