A price drop and now it's on life support? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-11-2007, 12:19 PM

Default A price drop and now it's on life support?

OK... I am confused. The PS3 will be having a price drop soon and now people are saying the console is dead (or will be soon) because it sold less then Xbox 360? That number of PS3 sold is still higher then any HD-DVD standalone players.

If that is the case HD-DVD is already on life support. They drop their player's pricing so much that with the movie giveaways, they are pretty much free. It sold LESS then the "dying" PS3... and can do way less.

I wonder which one will go the way of the dodo first?

Wow... it takes fanboys to take good news "price reduction" to become "Sony is dying".
Old 10-11-2007, 12:20 PM
Banned

time will tell on the ps3, but i have no doubts it will still be sony's current gaming unit in 2010 and will have sold millions and millions of units
Old 10-11-2007, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DueNorth View Post
OK... I am confused. The PS3 will be having a price drop soon and now people are saying the console is dead (or will be soon) because it sold less then Xbox 360? That number of PS3 sold is still higher then any HD-DVD standalone players.

If that is the case HD-DVD is already on life support. They drop their player's pricing so much that with the movie giveaways, they are pretty much free. It sold LESS then the "dying" PS3... and can do way less.

I wonder which one will go the way of the dodo first?

Wow... it takes fanboys to take good news "price reduction" to become "Sony is dying".

We wouldn't want to scare them with that whole "price cut means dying format" argument, would we?
Old 10-11-2007, 12:22 PM
O_o

Why not just post on one of the existing threads regarding the price cut?
Old 10-11-2007, 12:27 PM

REALLY! What a waste of a thread! C'mon!
Old 10-11-2007, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geonosis View Post
Why not just post on one of the existing threads regarding the price cut?
Because it isn't about price reduction but this weird bizzaro logic surrounding how people think PS3 will become a "Dreamcast". Look on how many threads came up with that.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Because it isn't about price reduction but this weird bizzaro logic surrounding how people think PS3 will become a "Dreamcast". Look on how many threads came up with that.
exactly. these last few threads are the dumbest ive seen. most of those posters im sure only own an xbox. hmm and none of them seem to remember the high price they had paid with their system.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:07 PM

Quote:
OK... I am confused. The PS3 will be having a price drop soon and now people are saying the console is dead (or will be soon) because it sold less then Xbox 360?
I think the problem isn't that its being outsold by the Xbox, its that its typically been outsold by virtually every game console on the market. The Nintendo DS has been outselling the PS3. I don't even know what the DS looks like.

Quote:
That number of PS3 sold is still higher then any HD-DVD standalone players.
And if the PS3 weren't in direct competition with XBox and Nintendo for game system market share that would mean something...
Old 10-11-2007, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philnerd View Post
I think the problem isn't that its being outsold by the Xbox, its that its typically been outsold by virtually every game console on the market. The Nintendo DS has been outselling the PS3. I don't even know what the DS looks like.
The Nintendo DS is a handheld game device. I don't think it cover the same realm as the PS3. It would be Sony PSP which will compete with it. So please compare apples to apples.

So it isn't #1... but it is far from dead.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:22 PM
Banned

We shouldn't let the PS3 suffer anymore, lets pull the plug.