New BD Tech - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-09-2007, 04:29 PM

Default New BD Tech

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=571
Old 10-09-2007, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu Meanie View Post
I ask you, please do not just post a link by itself, I do not care what format is being supported in what thread. Just posting a link with a vague title is a fau pas.
Old 10-09-2007, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barefootdriver View Post
I ask you, please do not just post a link by itself, I do not care what format is being supported in what thread. Just posting a link with a vague title is a fau pas.

I totally agree!
Old 10-09-2007, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barefootdriver View Post
Old 10-09-2007, 05:13 PM

Please educate me (Newbie). Why does this need a new thread?
Old 10-09-2007, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solstice X View Post
Please educate me (Newbie). Why does this need a new thread?
Because the old one began smelling a bit vile and was getting sort of crusty around the edges.
Old 10-09-2007, 05:32 PM

Linky didn't work quite right for me. All I got was this -

Quote:
Paramount Shifts Focus to Blu-ray

Posted July 27, 2007 by Josh

Paramount On August 28th, Paramount will ship its first high definition title to include a lossless or uncompressed soundtrack - 'Blades of Glory'. This title will feature a PCM 5.1 soundtrack for the Blu-ray release, but will feature no equivalent on the HD DVD, presumably because of the smaller disc capacity. Two weeks later, Paramount will ship 'Face/Off' with extras features available in high definition, but only on the Blu-ray version, again due to space constraints. This is a drastic change from the Paramount we once knew. For the past year, Blu-ray owners have cringed as they saw release after release issued with low bit rate MPEG-2 video encodes and Dolby Digital soundtracks, while the HD DVD versions received VC-1 encodes and higher bit rate Dolby Digital Plus audio. It was disappointing to say the least. The shift began with 'Flags of Our Fathers', which was released with a high bit rate AVC encode for the Blu-ray release. The audio was still lacking, but it was clear they were finally recognizing the Blu-ray consumer as a valuable asset. Now, with the addition of PCM audio, Paramount completes the high definition package and Blu-ray owners can now enjoy their favorite Paramount movies the way they were meant to be seen.
I'm not sure, but I think it's a little outdated.