HD Production Issues. - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-09-2007, 08:19 AM

Default HD Production Issues.

This is not a thread about Sides i am impartial.
What is happening with HD production just the last 2 weeks. We have The Fly and From Hell still not available.Warners had problems with Smallville Blu Ray.Now we have Twilight Zone from warners gone missing and no word from Warners?. Most of Fox,s titles for today were late to our Supplier so we should ship today.Now we hear that Transformers is still not with our supplier and may be to us by next Tuesday at the earliest.
Prior to this 2 week glitch we were receiving all the movies by the thursday prior to release so we could pack and ship for friday.Any thoughts as to why Movie companies are struggling with HD production.
Old 10-09-2007, 08:25 AM

Unhappy

ive noticed all the HD re-issues have been backordered in all wherehouse stores & I cant find them anywhere. *pout*
Old 10-09-2007, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenmulder View Post
This is not a thread about Sides i am impartial.
What is happening with HD production just the last 2 weeks. We have The Fly and From Hell still not available.Warners had problems with Smallville Blu Ray.Now we have Twilight Zone from warners gone missing and no word from Warners?. Most of Fox,s titles for today were late to our Supplier so we should ship today.Now we hear that Transformers is still not with our supplier and may be to us by next Tuesday at the earliest.
Prior to this 2 week glitch we were receiving all the movies by the thursday prior to release so we could pack and ship for friday.Any thoughts as to why Movie companies are struggling with HD production.
I think it is immaterial to companies if the HD releases are 'on time' as it is a second fiddle format. As long as SD-DVD gets the lions share the sales of HDM is just gravy (at this point)

Seems the logical answer though there may be other logistics involved.
Old 10-09-2007, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoBro828 View Post
I think it is immaterial to companies if the HD releases are 'on time' as it is a second fiddle format. As long as SD-DVD gets the lions share the sales of HDM is just gravy (at this point)

Seems the logical answer though there may be other logistics involved.
Just seems weird that everything seems on track prior to a couple of weeks ago.
One theory on Transformers is they didnt want them to get to certain online retailers who ship early too soon.Notice we havent had any Got my Transformer threads yet or reviews.
Old 10-09-2007, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Just seems weird that everything seems on track prior to a couple of weeks ago.
I think it's ebb and flow... would be curious to see what/how production went in previous autumns. One would say that standard production of hot titles are increased for the holiday season so HDM may get pushed on the backburner.
Old 10-09-2007, 08:50 AM

Quote:
We have From Hell still not available.
My copy is out for delivery today

EDIT: I spoke in error- my copy is shihpping today
Old 10-09-2007, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoBro828 View Post
I think it's ebb and flow... would be curious to see what/how production went in previous autumns. One would say that standard production of hot titles are increased for the holiday season so HDM may get pushed on the backburner.
Thats a good possiblity we just have to buy more so they see it as a huge money earner.
Old 10-09-2007, 08:57 AM
Banned

From Hell was available and shipping since at least yesterday, before its release date.

Silver Surfer was reported in several stores up to 5 days before its actual release.

It seems to go both ways.
Old 10-09-2007, 09:22 AM

It seems a bit strange for a Warner title to go MIA on release day. But indeed, Twilight Zone on HD DVD and Blu-Ray appears to be nowhere to be had.

Bummer, wanted to pick up the HD DVD today.
Old 10-09-2007, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philnerd View Post
It seems a bit strange for a Warner title to go MIA on release day. But indeed, Twilight Zone on HD DVD and Blu-Ray appears to be nowhere to be had.

Bummer, wanted to pick up the HD DVD today.
I had it pre-ordered on Amazon... now it says "Usually ships in 5 to 6 weeks."