It looks like those leaked WB titles were true - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-14-2007, 10:03 AM

Default It looks like those leaked WB titles were true

Twister has been announced on HD DVD & Blu Ray for January 8.

http://dvd.themanroom.com/dvd-newsview.php?id=717

This was among the list of unconfirmed titles that were accidentally put on the WB website last week, so I guess that means The Exorcist et all are not too far off being announced.

Pity its not out for Christmas though I would have liked to have gotten it.

Like my 2008 purchase list starts here.

Oh and Bourne is out December 11 SWEET

http://dvd.themanroom.com/dvd-newsview.php?id=00715
Old 09-14-2007, 10:43 AM

Although I didn't like "Twister," it seems to me that they should want to get it out before the holiday season. I don't guess there was any way to push it up a few weeks.
Old 09-14-2007, 10:55 AM

I will be getting both Bourne AND Twister! What is awesome is that Universal is starting to include TrueHD tracks on all their new releases (and most new catalog releases as well), so I think it is safe to assume we will get Bourne in lossless audio!!!

Also, Twister is getting a new 2-DVD reissue in January alongside the HD releases, which means it seems reasonable we can expect a remastered picture and TrueHD as well!!! Today is full of great news!
Old 09-14-2007, 11:06 AM

I never saw Twister. It was one of those movies that I always seemed to forget about. I will pick this one up for sure.

Bourne3 is a must have release for me. I cannot wait to watch it again.
Old 09-14-2007, 11:12 AM
formerly "SpazMedicine"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceNine View Post
Although I didn't like "Twister," it seems to me that they should want to get it out before the holiday season.
Lots of people get gift cards for Christmas. Come the beginning of January, there is money to be spent...
Old 09-14-2007, 02:34 PM

Great point!
Gift cards definitely will need to be used on something.
Old 09-14-2007, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceNine View Post
Although I didn't like "Twister," it seems to me that they should want to get it out before the holiday season. I don't guess there was any way to push it up a few weeks.
I found myself rooting for the tornado. Helen Hunt was a little over the top. It was an awesome special effects flick for the time however I am curious as to how the flying cow will look in HD.
Old 09-14-2007, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The BJD View Post
I found myself rooting for the tornado. Helen Hunt was a little over the top. It was an awesome special effects flick for the time however I am curious as to how the flying cow will look in HD.
Honestly, I feel like I throw up in my mouth a little bit every time I think about this movie...I really and truly despise "Twister". But for some inexplicable reason, I have found myself rewatching it every now and again.

The plot is the most horrible, convoluted thing I can imagine (except perhaps the unadulterated shite-fest "Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever") the effects never really captivated me, and it requires inhuman amounts of suspension of disbelief (You see a piece of straw lodged into a telephone pole, yet the so-called "heros" can survive by holding each other close )...but I think the thing that makes this movie so insipid to me is the fact that I'll still watch it. Makes me wonder if I really have a masochistic side.

Still, it'll be interesting to see it in high def.
Old 09-14-2007, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulium View Post
Honestly, I feel like I throw up in my mouth a little bit every time I think about this movie...I really and truly despise "Twister". But for some inexplicable reason, I have found myself rewatching it every now and again.

The plot is the most horrible, convoluted thing I can imagine (except perhaps the unadulterated shite-fest "Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever") the effects never really captivated me, and it requires inhuman amounts of suspension of disbelief (You see a piece of straw lodged into a telephone pole, yet the so-called "heros" can survive by holding each other close )...but I think the thing that makes this movie so insipid to me is the fact that I'll still watch it. Makes me wonder if I really have a masochistic side.

Still, it'll be interesting to see it in high def.

I also have a strange hate-it-but-much-watch-it relationship with this movie. I will never own it but it's certainly watchable.

The worst thing is Paxton's girlfriend character. We know she's there so they can explain stuff to the audience. We know she's gonna get dumped so the divorced couple can reunite. They're bluntly telling us, "we're not even gonna fucking try guys."

I wish I could quit you, Twister.
Old 09-14-2007, 05:20 PM
Banned

Twister was the first movie commercially released on DVD btw.