"Blu-Ray Part 2: Why Decisions Should Follow"--Enderle - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-12-2007, 12:22 AM

Default "Blu-Ray Part 2: Why Decisions Should Follow"--Enderle

Ok this dude has now written a "Part 2" of his earlier article that was posted on hdd. I am simply giving the link here to the article.
I DO NOT AGREE OR DISAGREE WITH WHAT HE SAYS, ok!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So just give your own impressions---please don't attack me.
I am posting this strictly because I came across it and thought people would like to read it. the end.

www.itbusinessedge.com/blogs/rob/?p=147

Last edited by Arkadin; 09-12-2007 at 12:34 AM.
Old 09-12-2007, 12:33 AM

It's almost like Enderle started writing off the top of his head... it's not even "The Format War As I See It"... it's like "The Format War As I'd Like To See It". He makes too many broad generalizations to be taken seriously.
Old 09-12-2007, 12:37 AM

Talk about doom and gloom...
Old 09-12-2007, 12:37 AM

Sounds like biased bullcrap to me. His views don't make any sense in the context of Blu-ray wiping the floor with HD DVD in software sales all year and now outselling it on standalones too, and his arguments are just plain wrong.
Old 09-12-2007, 12:39 AM
Banned

Reading that was no different than reading Ann Coulter or listening to Rush Limbaugh (I haven't done either for more than 1 minute, so I'm extrapolating). The guy is clueless, and is a joke...He doesn't even deserve to be on the HD DVD deck of cards I'm working on.
Old 09-12-2007, 12:40 AM

Is he reliable analyst or a crack pot analyst ( i know the difference is marginal). He sounds like he already made a point of view, now hes is just trying to proving it.
Old 09-12-2007, 12:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roshan View Post
Is he reliable analyst or a crack pot analyst ( i know the difference is marginal). He sounds like he already made a point of view, now hes is just trying to proving it.
A crack pot would make a more reliable analyst than Rob Enderle.
Old 09-12-2007, 12:44 AM

Quote from a blog that discusses Enderle's prediction of Apple's demise... ?!?!?

"No one has been wrong more often than Mr. Enderle"

Quite an achievement...
Old 09-12-2007, 12:52 AM

I like how he thinks that he is directly responsible for getting "many" people at sony directly fired including "very powerful" ones over his blog. What a self absorbed idiot. He doesn't say who got fired and honestly I have no idea if anyone did(though I'm not believing it at all at this point), but does he honestly think that one of the largest corporations in the world makes decisions based on his opinion IF they even saw it? Then he goes on to say that there are only 3 possible outcomes, all of them having BD not winning. All without a shread of data to back up any of his opinions.... give me a break.
Old 09-12-2007, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarakoMeshi View Post
Sounds like biased bullcrap to me. His views don't make any sense in the context of Blu-ray wiping the floor with HD DVD in software sales all year and now outselling it on standalones too, and his arguments are just plain wrong.
The only "wiping" going on is what DVD is doing to both HD DVD and Blu-Ray. Numbers are small for HD discs, and don't mean squat at this moment in time.